Photobucket

Please post your tech support questions here.
Jim K

Photobucket

Postby Jim K » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Howdy,

I recently got a message from Photobucket stating that they are no longer supporting posting photos to a third party
like the MTJ Forums with their basic free program. They want folks to move up a notch. Just wondering if this is
the case with others and also just wondering who other folks use for posting their photos. I have used Photobucket
for years but had to stay away from them when their security was breached, etc. I just use them to use them. Things
are straight forward, to me at least. I tried Flicker but could not quite get the hang of that. Anyhow just pondering
movin' on up at the Bucket or perhaps moving somewhere else. Any recommendations? Thanks for your time......

Jim K

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Photobucket

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:48 am

Jim K wrote:I tried Flicker but could not quite get the hang of that.

I had the same problem - I can make it work, but it's seriously convoluted & cumbersome in operations.

I suspect that in the near future I'll simply pay for my own hosting site directly - priced that out recently and it's only a bit more than I was paying with the lowest rung account that is going to go away at Photobucket.

Other pay option might be ImageShack.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:24 pm

OK, I just got myself back up to speed on how to work Flickr. I'd be delighted to describe how I do it, if anyone is interested.

Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Roy wrote:OK, I just got myself back up to speed on how to work Flickr. I'd be delighted to describe how I do it, if anyone is interested.

I'm interested if you can describe a "cookbook" approach - took me forever to figure out how to upload, sort, create folders, and then generate a link to post back to anywhere.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:16 pm

- Get on Flickr
- Go to "You" at the top of the page. When menu appears, click "Photostream".

To add photos, find the cloud with the up arrow at the top of the page. Click it. At the top of the next page, click "Old Uploadr". When that comes up, browse to the files you want to upload, choose "private" or "public", then press "Upload". It takes a few seconds.

To post photos, etc., in your photostream, find the pic you want to post. Left click it. On the page that comes up, find the down arrow with a line under it, near the lower right corner. When you click it, a menu appears. Click "view all sizes".

On the next page, right click "Download the original size of this photo". On the right click menu, click "Copy link location". Paste that address in the [img]*[/img] brackets, and you're done.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:54 am

Thanks. Useful!

Now what about the creation of albums for storing photos under various topics and accessing form them for posting?

Roy

Postby Roy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:09 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Thanks. Useful!

Now what about the creation of albums for storing photos under various topics and accessing form them for posting?

I never made any albums. I just posted photos and such, the way I described. I hear Christopher uses Flickr, perhaps he can help you with albums. Or Wayne.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Roy wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Thanks. Useful!

I never made any albums. I just posted photos and such, the way I described. I hear Christopher uses Flickr, perhaps he can help you with albums. Or Wayne.

Thanks. Reason for albums is that I probably have a few thousand photos and keeping them straight & organized just has to be possible.

Apparently Flickr will not let you upload gif files, :roll:

Roy

Postby Roy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Apparently Flickr will not let you upload gif files, :roll:

Surprising. I know I have at least one video stored there. Also, I've used only a tiny fraction of the 1 TB I'm allowed. And, I've never laid out so much as a nickel, for the service.

Roy

Postby Roy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Reason for albums is that I probably have a few thousand photos and keeping them straight & organized just has to be possible.

They have albums; I've just never used them. As for .gif's, you may have to be clever, to get what you want. :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:46 am

Roy wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Reason for albums is that I probably have a few thousand photos and keeping them straight & organized just has to be possible.

They have albums; I've just never used them.

I've tried to use them -- maybe there's an easy way, but I have yet to find it -- probably perfectly clear to a 5 year old....somebody send in the 5 year old!

As for .gif's, you may have to be clever, to get what you want. :wink:

Probably have to look elsewhere....

Actually, I really have to wonder how long Flickr will last with it being under the Verizon umbrella.....

Jim K

Postby Jim K » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:03 am

Test:

This test is to see if the photos are properly selected as private so one can see the photo but not gain access to all
my poor photos on Flickr.

Jim K

Jim K

Postby Jim K » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:49 am

Jim K wrote:Test:

This test is to see if the photos are properly selected as private so one can see the photo but not gain access to all
my poor photos on Flickr.

Jim K

Okay, I need a little help. It looks to me like if you click on the last photo it takes you to Flickr and all my photos. But this may be bogus as it seems I am always logged onto Flickr. If this is true how do you address that condition? I uploaded the photos and selected "private" at that time.

Thank you,

Jim K

Roy

Postby Roy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:45 pm

Jim, all three indicated "this photo is private" when I clicked them.

Jim K

Postby Jim K » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Roy wrote:Jim, all three indicated "this photo is private" when I clicked them.

Thanks a lot Roy. Good to know. I will no longer be a Photobucket user. :)

Jim K

Return to “Forum Support”