Kadee couplers - expensive!

Discussions About Items on eBay and Online Auctions
Rufus T. Firefly

Kadee couplers - expensive!

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:10 am

Since when were Kadee couplers this expensive, :roll:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294924086766?h ... SwafBiV9Nx
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

J. S. Bach

Re: Kadee couplers - expensive!

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:17 pm

When you buy a ten-pack:
"This listing is for ten (10) units of this product. This is a Kadee 804 O Scale Acetal Plastic Insulated "O" Couplers One Pair With a Draft Gear"

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:20 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:When you buy a ten-pack:
"This listing is for ten (10) units of this product. This is a Kadee 804 O Scale Acetal Plastic Insulated "O" Couplers One Pair With a Draft Gear"

Except no one is going to read that far -- all they are going to see is the title "Kadee 804 O Scale Acetal Plastic Insulated "O" Couplers One Pair With a Draft" and a 10-fold price. Foolishness abounds in listing like that.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:25 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394031237166?e ... Sw7F9iWCfa

Woodland Scenics A2737 O Scale Black Bear Figures (10 Packs of 6)

The title makes sense on this listing but who buys 10 Packs of O Scale Black Bear Figures for $264.99?

That you can buy for $21.29 per pack.....

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:39 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote: ...snip... Except no one is going to read that far -- all they are going to see is the title "Kadee 804 O Scale Acetal Plastic Insulated "O" Couplers One Pair With a Draft" and a 10-fold price. Foolishness abounds in listing like that.

I see your point, but don't forget we are dealing with the inconsistency of Trainz here! :mrgreen:
And as far as those bears go, well..... :roll: :roll:

NB: If those KDs had been the plastic draft gear/metal coupler version, I wouuld have purchased as many of those 10-packs as I could have afforded!

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:55 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:I see your point, but don't forget we are dealing with the inconsistency of Trainz here! :mrgreen:

I'll probably regret tipping you guys off about this, but you should know that all the stuff Trainz lists on ebay is also available on their website, usually for a little less than ebay.

When a new estate or collection arrives, they list those used pieces on their website first. They seem to let each used item sit on Trainz's website for a few days; during that time the only customers who can buy it are those that have signed up for their $10.95 a month membership program. If an item hasn't sold after so many days they will open a buy-it-now listing on ebay for the same item while keeping it listed on the Trainz website. If the item sells on Trainz's website, the ebay auction ends and ebay says "this item is no longer available".... and if the item sells on ebay, then the Trainz listing changes to item sold. Eventually, if a used item (or lot) doesn't sell after a certain time period, they'll close the ebay and Trainz buy-it-now listings and just place it as a regular auction on ebay.

Brand new product (like the WS bears) seems to get listed on both ebay and the Trainz website at the same time and seems to stay that way until it is sold.

They also have a bunch of stands in antique/flea malls around the southeast - LindyTrains.com - and that's how they sell off the really common stuff from collections that isn't worth much.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:12 pm

Chris Webster wrote:...snip... They also have a bunch of stands in antique/flea malls around the southeast - LindyTrains.com - and that's how they sell off the really common stuff from collections that isn't worth much.

I have bought from their Lavonia, GA mall location, the pricing was quite reasonable, I thought. A Lima LMS 0-6-0 for $20.00 appealed to me enough that I bought it along with a couple of US freight cars; all for about $30.00 or so.

Return to “eBay & Other Online Auctions”