Returning a item from eBay

Discussions About Items on eBay and Online Auctions
v8vega

Returning a item from eBay

Postby v8vega » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:09 am

I bought a slot car on eBay, most everyone reading the ad would think it was a complete car, it was just the body. A careful reading and you realize it’s just the body. I know to read the ad’s carefully and any question move on. But this time I slipped up.
The guy was kind of a wise acre about it but is allowing me to return the body. The way eBay works it they provide a shipping label you print it and shipping back is free and I think you can even mail it from your mailbox.
Trouble is I don’t have a printer so I have to go to the post office and pay postage. And then hope he notifies eBay that he got it and to refund me.
A question, it looks like you need special paper to print this eBay shipping label?

MYmoo

Re: Returning a item from eBay

Postby MYmoo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:17 am

v8vega wrote:I bought a slot car on eBay, most everyone reading the ad would think it was a complete car, it was just the body. A careful reading and you realize it’s just the body. I know to read the ad’s carefully and any question move on. But this time I slipped up.
The guy was kind of a wise acre about it but is allowing me to return the body. The way eBay works it they provide a shipping label you print it and shipping back is free and I think you can even mail it from your mailbox.
Trouble is I don’t have a printer so I have to go to the post office and pay postage. And then hope he notifies eBay that he got it and to refund me.
A question, it looks like you need special paper to print this eBay shipping label?

NO, but you will need a printer which you state you don't have. :(
PO will supply all the clear tape you need to affix the label if you ask.
Other options may be available.
Would it be cheaper to keep the part(s)?
Good luck on an acceptable resolution.
-----
Unplug When Done.
-----
Peace,

MYron R. MOOre

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:42 am

Be sure you have the TRACKING option on your package. That will provide proof the item was returned.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:26 pm

I'm the OP, time went by and eBay has a clever way of giving you the endless runaround where you spend a lot of time and get nothing done. I finally found how to email customer service and briefly explained with a tracking # and order # and I got a email that eBay is fully refunding me.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Glad to hear things worked out!

Rich

Return to “eBay & Other Online Auctions”