Remember those National Boh reefers at about $300.00 or so? Czech these out: ...

Discussions About Items on eBay and Online Auctions
J. S. Bach

Remember those National Boh reefers at about $300.00 or so? Czech these out: ...

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:58 pm

...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atlas-8093-1-2-National-Bohemian-Beer-40-Wood-Reefer-Cars-Extremely-Rare/323537921297

Plus, from the listing:"40' Wood Reefer Cars #12008 & #12009 PRODUCED EXCLUSIVELY for the BULL RUN RAILROAD CLUB IN 2009" I thought that they were done in conjunction with OGR. The only reason that I did not get one (or both) was that they are on old style of reefer and at that time I was only interested in modern equipment.

rogruth

Re: Remember those National Boh reefers at about $300.00 or so? Czech these out: ...

Postby rogruth » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Dave,
I remember someone on OGR taking orders for a car similar to this but I don't remember who it was for.
He sort of pleaded to get enough orders so he could get the car made.
It seemed to be a nice car but, like you, it did not fit my plan.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

J. S. Bach

Re: Remember those National Boh reefers at about $300.00 or so? Czech these out: ...

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:57 am

Whoever it was is no longer on OGR (health reasons, I believe) but did finally get enough orders. I sort of wish now that I had bought one anyway as my modeling interests have changed/expanded. Must have, I keep buying those Scalecraft/Walthers/other manufacturers headend express reefers. I must have about a dozen or so.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:47 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:Whoever it was is no longer on OGR (health reasons, I believe) but did finally get enough orders.

Right in the description: One Shipping Box Has Been Signed by Paul Strickland Who Had the Cars Produced
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:55 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
J. S. Bach wrote:Whoever it was is no longer on OGR (health reasons, I believe) but did finally get enough orders.

Right in the description: One Shipping Box Has Been Signed by Paul Strickland Who Had the Cars Produced

...and I believe he still posts on OGR occasionally.

I saw a guy selling, or trying to sell, a number of these at the Westminster meet back in mid-November. He wanted $60 a piece for them. He had six of them when I walked by the first time, and he still had six when I walked by ninety minutes later. Mfg'd by Atlas, I presume they were the same as these.

Return to “eBay & Other Online Auctions”