feeBay has stopped showing completed auctions?

Discussions About Items on eBay and Online Auctions
Chris Webster

feeBay has stopped showing completed auctions?

Postby Chris Webster » Thu May 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Starting this evening, when I click on a completed auction I didn't win, feeBay gives me this error/redirection:
The listing you are looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

Anyone else experiencing this? It happens to me whether I'm logged in or not.

I called to complain and the guy kept telling me about the items it was redirecting me to while I kept telling him I didn't care about those items, let me see the completed auctions.

E7

Re: feeBay has stopped showing completed auctions?

Postby E7 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:44 am

Chris Webster wrote:Starting this evening, when I click on a completed auction I didn't win, feeBay gives me this error/redirection:
The listing you are looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

Anyone else experiencing this? It happens to me whether I'm logged in or not.

I called to complain and the guy kept telling me about the items it was redirecting me to while I kept telling him I didn't care about those items, let me see the completed auctions.

Chris,

Best bet is to bookmark anything you think you might be interested in. I am pretty sure I've pulled up stuff over 30 days out by doing that, or maybe with the item number, but sooner or later it all goes away. They (Ebay) keep a record of everything, but I know NO way of accessing that stuff. You can go back a few years on stuff you have WON (look in "My Ebay").

If it's something you really want to keep you could go in and copy and save text and pics, but that is a bit of a pain. I know there are ways to capture web pages, but how much storage do you have and how much time do you want to spend doing it.

You could try their advanced searches:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=3

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?rt=nc

Their suggestions for other items are mostly laughable.

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Here is 3000+ completed listhttps://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr ... plete=1ing. Sometimes it takes a few hours for listing to show up on the completed side. Some buy it now items take days to show up.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:33 am

Chris Webster wrote:Anyone else experiencing this?

No.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:58 am

Chris Webster wrote:Anyone else experiencing this?

Not I.

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:15 pm

E7 wrote:
Chris Webster wrote:Best bet is to bookmark anything you think you might be interested in.

That wouldn't have helped. When I was loading a completed auction by putting in the correct URL, ebay would tell me the "item is no longer available" and load something else. They've since changed it so that their "item is no longer available" includes a link to the completed auction.

Here are two threads about the mess on ebay's community board:

Cannot View Completed - Sold Auctions

and

new feature: replacement in lists of the items we want if they are "no longer available"

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:13 pm

This is now happening to me also. I wanted to look at all the photo from a sold item. When i clicked on it to see the description. I got sent to something different for sale.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:03 pm

I believe what you are saying, but I haven't had any problems accessing completed auctions from my bookmarks.

Return to “eBay & Other Online Auctions”