J. S. Bach

I am trying to figure this one out. ...

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:07 pm

...Package trucking on an ebay item that I just bought:
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
2017-09-28, 13:04:00, PITTSBURGH PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
2017-09-28, 11:49:00, MISHAWAKA, IN 46545

I am Shure that those two cities/PO facilities are more than an hour and fifteen minutes apart and they are in the same time zone. I mean Ohio is between them!

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: I am trying to figure this one out. ...

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:50 am

Magic....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:48 am

Time zone changes, perhaps?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:37 am

Tom Dempsey wrote:Time zone changes, perhaps?

Nope. And traveling across Ohio takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Pish posh, try Montana sometime.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Try Key West to Pensacola, FL. 832 miles and you still are not out of FL!

John Webster

Postby John Webster » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:29 pm

Probably a time zone thing. Indiana has some places that do not have daylight savings time plus the edge of the time zone zigzags through it. Years ago Indianapolis was two hours behind Cleveland for parts of the year.
You begin flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Mishawaka is in the eastern time zone and is just east of South Bend so there is about two hours of IN and four hours of OH between the two places.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:46 pm

TARDIS!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:38 am

Tom Dempsey wrote:Pish posh, try Montana sometime.

I would expect Montana to interesting - Ohio drags you under with boredom that is only survivable due to the spoon that I stuck in my ear to ward off the pain...

Try Key West to Pensacola, FL. 832 miles and you still are not out of FL!

Actually have done a good portion of that drive -- it's interesting, and it's not the distance but the mind numbing boredom of Ohio

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:39 am

J. S. Bach wrote:,,,,,,,,,,,, and four hours of OH.........

The horror, the horror............

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I would expect Montana to interesting - Ohio drags you under with boredom that is only survivable due to the spoon that I stuck in my ear to ward off the pain...

It's like Ohio but farther apart and farther to go, and no corn fields. Since there isn't as much open range any more and the I is paved all the way since '91 it can get really boring. Unless it's winter and you are west of Billings, then it can be downright exciting at times. If you decide to skip I-94 and come up on I-90, you do miss the really mind numbing eastern half, however, that drive through the Crow Reservation seems to take an eternity. And, the Crow don't believe in rest stops so you better drain the bladder dry and top off the fuel tank in Billings or Sheridan.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:40 am

Tom Dempsey wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I would expect Montana to interesting - Ohio drags you under with boredom that is only survivable due to the spoon that I stuck in my ear to ward off the pain...

It's like Ohio but farther apart and farther to go, and no corn fields. Since there isn't as much open range any more and the I is paved all the way since '91 it can get really boring. Unless it's winter and you are west of Billings, then it can be downright exciting at times. If you decide to skip I-94 and come up on I-90, you do miss the really mind numbing eastern half, however, that drive through the Crow Reservation seems to take an eternity. And, the Crow don't believe in rest stops so you better drain the bladder dry and top off the fuel tank in Billings or Sheridan.

Forearmed is forewarned.........

Return to “eBay & Other Online Auctions”