$24.78 to ship a single K-Line hopper????

Discussions About Items on eBay and Online Auctions
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: $24.78 to ship a single K-Line hopper????

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:44 am

Mitch wrote:I just received 5 Pennsylvania Lake Maps which came in a single 7" x 10" manila envelope. I paid $10.61 in shipping, and the postage on the actual envelope is $2.97. To me, that's rape! :lol:

Ordered from who?

Call and complain?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:21 pm

Nice to know that Rufus, Thanks! As for bidding, I always try to figure shipping, buyer's premiums, and any extraneous costs into what I'm willing to pay. Never made sense to me to try and hose someone on shipping...just price your item for the minimum you are willing to accept. Alas, there are always people out there playing their games.

Rich

cole7015

Postby cole7015 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:41 pm

So since we are talking shipping. Please explain this if you can. You purchase an item with 3-4 days handling time.OK then in takes them
13 days to get it to the shipper Fedx or UPS. They in turn put it on a truck to your destination of the west coast in my case. So now we start the journey .

I watch the tracking of the item, 5 days to get to the sort facility in Troutdale Oregon. ( 5 miles from my house) Shipper puts it on another truck North to Washington to USPS mail port in Kent Wash 5 days including down time. Finally is turned over to the USPS service and shipped south to Portland Oregon USPS sort facility. sits 3 days to be sorted.

So now I have lost count but it looks like 21 to 25 days to get to me. So in short WTF is going on.
I have had 4 of this same thing in last 90 days.

I have herd that Amazon has bought E bay and will be taking over in June. Hope things change.

Bill

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 am

cole7015 wrote:So since we are talking shipping. Please explain this if you can. You purchase an item with 3-4 days handling time.OK then in takes them
13 days to get it to the shipper Fedx or UPS. They in turn put it on a truck to your destination of the west coast in my case. So now we start the journey .

Crappy lazy seller not following through on advertised shipping - complain and file negative feedback.

What kind of shipping did you pay for - all sorts of levels of priorities within FedEx and UPS and when these are hand-offs to USPS later, they are usually lower in the processing tier

I watch the tracking of the item, 5 days to get to the sort facility in Troutdale Oregon. ( 5 miles from my house) Shipper puts it on another truck North to Washington to USPS mail port in Kent Wash 5 days including down time. Finally is turned over to the USPS service and shipped south to Portland Oregon USPS sort facility. sits 3 days to be sorted.

Which was it, Fedx or UPS? What kind of shipping? That really matters and some of the more economical (CHEAP!) shipping sits at the bottom of the priority list. Also sounds like the West coast operations are totally frelled.

So now I have lost count but it looks like 21 to 25 days to get to me. So in short WTF is going on.
I have had 4 of this same thing in last 90 days.

Never had that happen to me, but them I very rarely buy stuff and have Fedex or UPS shipping involved; UPS is one that I seriously dislike since they toss it on the porch and run like hell. Fexex I can have directed to a Fedex shop just under 2 miles away. The shipping from either that dumps into USPS you might as well be waiting for Godot to deliver.

I have herd that Amazon has bought E bay and will be taking over in June. Hope things change.

If there were any truth to that it would be all over the news and financial news.........
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:20 am

I have found that USPS is less expensive and far more reliable. Anything ever shipped to me by UPS/FEDEX/et al that got handed off to the post office sat in Spokane for several days before getting delivered. I take it as an indication that the shipper listens to salemen's promises and doesn't actually follow through with any investigation of their claims.

Return to “eBay & Other Online Auctions”