I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

robert.

Re: cabin fever auction

Postby robert. » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:13 pm

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:25 am

robert. wrote:https://cabinfeverauctions.bidwrangler.com/ui/auctions/82244/8551912

With the exception of maybe 5 lots and some of the tools(??!!), looks mainly to be a huge waste of time & money both....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:48 pm

I went to register to bid and when they want my credit card number? Oh, absolutely NOT!!!!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:19 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:I went to register to bid and when they want my credit card number? Oh, absolutely NOT!!!!

Yikes, no. I can accept some level of ID for registration at an auction, but not that number.

But what that tells you is that they have had a number of winning bidders that have tried to stiff them due to bidder's remorse.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:32 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
J. S. Bach wrote:I went to register to bid and when they want my credit card number? Oh, absolutely NOT!!!!

Yikes, no. I can accept some level of ID for registration at an auction, but not that number.

But what that tells you is that they have had a number of winning bidders that have tried to stiff them due to bidder's remorse.

Yup on the remorse. I think with them i used paypal. They sent me 25 cents to link the account. Then i was ready to bid. I told them " i was local and wanted to pay cash on pick up. They gave me 10 says to pay and pick up or they would bill my paypal.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:59 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Yikes, no. I can accept some level of ID for registration at an auction, but not that number. But what that tells you is that they have had a number of winning bidders that have tried to stiff them due to bidder's remorse.

They should just accept PayPal as part of the registration process. I suspect the PayPal has a whale of a lot more site security than a little two-bit auction company. :mrgreen:

EDIT: A thought just occurred; set up a separate cc account with the lowest credit limit possible and use that or one of those "rechargeable" cards and only keep, again, the absolute minimum balance allowed, probably around $50.00 or so. Too bad I did not have this capability as I was interested in that E-33 mentioned in the first post.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:46 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Yikes, no. I can accept some level of ID for registration at an auction, but not that number. But what that tells you is that they have had a number of winning bidders that have tried to stiff them due to bidder's remorse.

They should just accept PayPal as part of the registration process. I suspect the PayPal has a whale of a lot more site security than a little two-bit auction company. :mrgreen:

And they'd want authorization to bill bidders directly through Paypal to prevent bidders from stiffing them - you want to give Stout access to your Paypal account.....which is linked to your credit card and/or your bank account?

EDIT: A thought just occurred; set up a separate cc account with the lowest credit limit possible and use that or one of those "rechargeable" cards and only keep, again, the absolute minimum balance allowed, probably around $50.00 or so. Too bad I did not have this capability as I was interested in that E-33 mentioned in the first post.

For several years I had a credit card linked into Paypal that was from a bank that we had no account with - closed and departed all from that bank, so it was linked to accounts that were closed. Took the bank ~7 years to realize that I was a using card w/o an account there and cancel the card.

But to return to the actual auction - nope, got enough projects and parts and do not need to be buying more work. Need to be selling cars off!!!!

Return to “eBay & Other Online Auctions”