Belated Seasons Greetings to Joe Frank!

All City Subway Models & Elevated Lines
E7

Belated Seasons Greetings to Joe Frank!

Postby E7 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:23 pm

Joe,

Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying the Holidays! Take care!

Rich

Joseph Frank1

Re: Belated Seasons Greetings to Joe Frank!

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:32 am

Hello Rich (E-7)

Thank you very much for the thoughts, and likewise, the same to YOU ! I hope 2022 is a better year than 2021 but I doubt it.

I have been, like countless many people across the USA and Europe (and Canada) -- suffering from this newest "massive virulent flu strain" which came on the scene suddenly around late Nov. 2021. In its early week stages its quite debilitating ! I have had it since about 12/22 and many people in my area that I know have it also. This is a new flu from hell. They have not had time to create any vax for it yet or any medicinal relief. I have spoken to people (bank & customer service phone reps, etc) in Europe and Canada, and all over USA, who either know someone with it or have a family suffering member with it. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks to run its course.

Regards - Joe F !

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:36 pm

Sorry to hear that, Joe. Get well soon.

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 pm

Joe,

Hoping you have recovered and are feeling better by now!

All the best!

Rich

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:29 am

Hello Rich (E7) and Dave (Bach)

Thanks for your both (and the only two who posted, even with 501 views !!!) heh) concern and wishes. Ended up in HOSPITAL !

Actually-- it took a required 7 days (Jan 15 thru Jan 22) very quickly doctor-ordered stay in a local hospital hooked up to a number of IV's fluid medicine drip bags and a number of wires (cables) taped to me attached to cardio-pulmonary monitoring machines --- and other medicines daily taken orally -- to get me fully recovered from that episode. Previous lifelong condition of non valvular A-Fib (atrial fibrillation) was thrown out of whack and was soon stabilized thru the hospital stay. Result --- 7 medications (daily pills) to take daily --- 2 are done twice daily - Likely for life -- after not being on ANY meds for anything in my entire life. I was never in a hospital (as a patient) since the day I was born, heh !

But as such now I am pretty much back to normal and will be getting occasional checkups over the coming years . Another thing I never underwent most of my life, heh !

Again, thanks for the thoughts, both ! Regards - Joe F

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:41 pm

Glad to see that you are back and doing well.

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:00 am

Hello Dave

Thanks for the followup comment ! .... and yes, I am somewhat back to normal but not pushing and driving myself as hard as I did previously over the past many decades. Taking things easier and more relaxed from this point on. I think you and I spoke on the phone a few weeks ago at some time after I left the hospital on Sat. evening Jan 22nd.

Regards - Joe F

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:07 pm

Just a shout out to Joe Frank, hope you are doing well. A bit of a MEAN summer in my neck of the woods. Stepped forward one and slipped back two, but still alive and kicking!

Best,
Rich

Nortonville Phil

Postby Nortonville Phil » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:42 pm

Seasons Greetings to Joe Frank from the Dallas/Fort Worth traction guys! Thanks for all the tips and info over the years.
Phil Randall
Trinity Valley Traction Co.
Red Oak, TX

My trolley blog:
http://bluebonnetlimited.blogspot.com/

https://youtube.com/@cug6?si=BCFnDDtUw2eVKamo

Dallas Fort Worth O Scale Modelers

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:27 am

Yup, some timely best wishes for a good Christmas, Joe. We’ve missed ya.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:08 pm

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to ALL!

Rich

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:35 pm

deleted -- and reposted to Rich-E-7 under "reply with quote" format
Last edited by Joseph Frank1 on Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:39 pm

E7 wrote:Just a shout out to Joe Frank, hope you are doing well. A bit of a MEAN summer in my neck of the woods. Stepped forward one and slipped back two, but still alive and kicking!

Best, Rich

=======================================================================================
Hello Rich ( E-7)

Thanks for the August posting --- I may have missed it. Have been doing very well thru this miserable just-past very hot summer period. Have a new Cardiologist located at the hospital I was in (his offices) - a great guy (and his staff) and old regionally well known pro -- and his various tests thru June and July show I am near back to normal and all bio-systems doing well. Down to 4 meds a day now -- and my daily activity (as I write this in mid Dec. 2022) is pretty much near normal levels and quality.

I am taking things and life daily more attentively, and with more relaxed attitude. I got thru the January situation well. As we get older its usually 2 steps forwards and one backwards -- and then we have to take THREE steps forward to catch up, heh.

Thanks for the thoughts and comments !

Regards - Joe F

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Nortonville Phil wrote:Seasons Greetings to Joe Frank from the Dallas/Fort Worth traction guys! Thanks for all the tips and info over the years.

Hello Phil !

Thanks for the holiday greetings and same to you -- hope next year is better that this (2022) year was ---- tho my bank savings account interest rate is now up to 4.10% on my savings principal !! Have not seen that rate since what, 2006 or 2007 ! THAT is a plus !!!

Otherwise as I wrote to Rich (E-7) -- I am forging ahead, doing well, and working more in the hobby in recent months. I was glad to help and provide tips and whatever thru the decades where I could on traction & transit modeling.

Because I (we here) can no longer use the "Browse your computer photo files" format to post photos here --- I don't submit here generally. I have to use an independent photo hosting site and do the URL generating thing to do so -- very cumbersome and time consuming. People can check my FLICKR photos site for photos and vids of my layout -- including any newer stuff loaded. I will provide LINKS them again below --- more newer photos have been added (seen on the Photostream page --- the newest most recent uploaded photos go to the top of THAT page) -

PHOTOSTREAM PAGE LINK -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/44268069@N00/page1

PHOTO ALBUMS PAGE LINK -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/44268069@N00/albums

Check out the "Favorites" page there also --- many interesting traction-transit models there.

FAVORITES PHOTOS PAGE LINK -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/44268069@N00/favorites

My other Website - that I built for the Layout via html code writeup for each page, is now gone (was hosted by server WTV-ZONE.com) --- its server recently had a fatal total crash and due to diminished customers, the site was closed after running 20 years ! .

I am back on FACEBOOK under my own (real) name --- was on for 3 years as "IRTELMAN" but that was closed down. Here is my current Facebook personal page link: For any of you on Facebook....(must be signed in to Facebook) -

https://www.facebook.com/people/Joseph- ... 542448188/

PS: I have a long time pal and traction fan & modeler in my region (Gettysburg PA, named Rich Randall. I assume NO relation (distant, heh) to you ?

Anyway, yes, and Seasons Greetings and a Happy (and healthy) New Year to you and the Fort Worth -Dallas traction guys.

Regards - Joe F
Last edited by Joseph Frank1 on Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:18 pm

healey36 wrote:Yup, some timely best wishes for a good Christmas, Joe. We’ve missed ya.

Hello Healey !

Thanks --- and also best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season and a happy New Year (hopefully) !

I still read this forum but not as much as there is little to no Rapid Transit Subway, Elevated, or Traction MODELING posted here anymore. I don't, and didn't want, my posted layout stuff to be the only material continually seen here --- making it look like, heh the "Joe Frank Show". !! But anyone can check my FLICKR site (see links in reply to Phil Randall).

As I stated to other in replies here -- I am coming along very well from the January hospital event - having NEVER been in the hospital (as a patient) since I was born, nor on ANY continuous drugs or meds my whole life --- the January hospital event thingy was the best thing that happened to me to get me finally examined extensively and any discovered health and heart related issues addressed and corrected, and medicated.

regards - Joe F !

Return to “Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines”