N -Scale NYC Elevated Layout construction ( excellent work )

All City Subway Models & Elevated Lines
Joseph Frank1

N -Scale NYC Elevated Layout construction ( excellent work )

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:10 pm

Hello ALL-

Most all of you know me well and long for my NY City based O-Scale NY EL and Trolley System Layout --- but I want to share someone's quality "EL" modeling work in N SCALE here. Of course, and on the "Subways/Transit/Traction forum where it is on topic and relevant !

I know this is "O" Scale and Gauge based --- but this N-Scale work by a fellow named Tibor Balint, is nice enough to be shared. I know this man from another forum. He also created masters for N Scale IRT Manhattan El "MUDC" (door control converted gate cars) Class Elevated Cars. Photos will do more than more words --- so I will post them below via a link here -- https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/a-modeler-created-a-very-nice-nyc-early-era-el-structure-and-cars-in-n-scale to a site that has them.

Sorry for such "Site Link" action, but I get a "status" notice on the ADD FILES page here on the M T J Forum - when I try to post attachment photos from my computer (browse format) - " Sorry - the board attachment quota has been reached " Therefore, the link to the other site !!!

(In a following posting here I will post an LINK to page with photos of the construction of his EL structures

regards - Joe F

healey36

Re: N -Scale NYC Elevated Layout construction ( excellent work )

Postby healey36 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:21 am

I was a big proponent of N-scale back when I was quite a bit younger. Still have a decent pile of it here in storage. I applaud this fellow's effort; it looks like it will be a really nice model of the El.

At some point, however, N got a bit too fiddly for me. Part of it was failing eye-sight, for sure, but it was also that I could never get stuff to run through crossings and turnouts nice and smooth like can be achieved with the larger scales. Maybe (hopefully) the newer stuff runs much better than the Atlas and Trix gear I was running all those years ago.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:59 am

I never had the eyesight needed for N scale, and now after the cataract surgeries, I'm still using pretty stiff readers for my modeling work in O. Hard to fathom doing N.......but those that can and like - good on them! Those doing Nn3.....harder yet to see!
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:19 am

I don't think I've ever seen any Nn3...are you pulling my leg?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:36 am

healey36 wrote:I don't think I've ever seen any Nn3...are you pulling my leg?

No, it's real. Saw a good sized module operating display several years ago - runs on Z track, I think.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines”