Shapeways

All City Subway Models & Elevated Lines
healey36

Shapeways

Postby healey36 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 am

I've been on the Shapeways site for the past few days running down a number of 1/2400-scale ship models. Dependent upon the designer, there's some nice stuff out there, many of which aren't covered by the mainstream casting companies such as Viking Forge, GHQ, CinC, and a few others.

While I was out there I stumbled onto this. I don't know if others here have already looked at this stuff, but it seemed it might be of interest:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/B6GGSHT2C/h-f-combine-o-scale-part-a

Healey

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Shapeways

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:46 am

Slick looking model. $479.26

Don't forget to purchase the underfloor & Roof PART B Model. Another $117.88

Drive is another ~$150......

Seats to be bought from Q-car....

By the time it's painted and decaled (where do you get those?) you're pushing $800.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:23 am

Yeah, I thought it seemed a bit pricey. It'll be interesting to see if the price of this kind of stuff starts to decline as printing gets more mainstream. The guy probably figures he'll never sell more than ten of these.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:30 am

healey36 wrote:Yeah, I thought it seemed a bit pricey. It'll be interesting to see if the price of this kind of stuff starts to decline as printing gets more mainstream.

I've got a high school lad lined up to write articles on 3D printing, so that decline in pricing is probably not all that off, :wink: :wink:

The guy probably figures he'll never sell more than ten of these.

At that pricing, 10 may be optimistic. Then again, is 3D printing the next brass? I'd buy one for review purposes, but my budget for that action is what's in my own wallet, :?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines”