Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines photos

All City Subway Models & Elevated Lines
Joseph Frank1

Re: Subway, Elevated, Trolley & Traction Lines photos

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:08 am

E7 wrote:A Merry Christmas shout out to Joe Frank! Hope all is well with you and yours and you are enjoying the Holidays!

Rich

Hello Rich !

THANKS MUCH for the Christmas Greeting and the thought !!!!!--- and I hope yours is happy and well and in good health.

I have been reading here regularly but not posting hardly at all as I have other things going on that are more active. I added a lot of new photos to my FLICKR Layout photos site -- if you have not seen it recently. I also rejoined Facebook under my own name and real ID info -- as "Joseph H. Frank" -- (was formerly IRT EL MAN) and have a JHF profile page --- and am active on busy traction, transit and nostalgia (Philly and NYC) forums there.

I am also GONE from OGR Forums for 6 months or so now --- Alan Arnold locked my OGR acct. on the subway place there because of a subway photo I posted he didn't approve of !!. I can't get back unless, as he requires, I become a paid subscriber or whatever.

I am doing pretty well 2 years after a 7 day hospital stint for heart rhythm and minor related issues --- meds have corrected some of them.

Again, hope all is well on your end and best wishes for the (2024) new year !!

My Flickr El-Trolley Layout photos site -- if you have not seen it for a while --- is https://www.flickr.com/photos/44268069@N00/page1 and the Photo Albums Page link is:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/44268069@N00/albums

regards !!!- Joe F

CCrider

Postby CCrider » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:29 pm

same thing happened to me,they said the picture wasent me,then ousted me,ha ha. and the only way back is to become a paid suscriber.they just doin that to get more capital. :lol: :lol: :lol:
CC-CUSTOMS
all train models.etc,etc

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:55 pm

CC Rider --

Well, looking at the almost dead subway Forum section there, to be honest, unfortunately, is sad from what it was and how very active it was for a good part of the past 20 years.

That is changed now because over time most, if not all, of the few real-hands-builders & skilled scratch-builder modelers of Traction and Rapid Transit are gone from there -- I was active there and contributed a lot for most of my 20 years (as you know) there - and I am one of the last 2 or 3 of such that stayed aboard, and NOW we 3 are now gone. Its no loss at all to not be there -- so much else in hands-on built-it yourself Traction & Rapid Transit type modeling IN ALL SCALES, is going on at other sites - A number of Facebook sites and other forums. Leaving there was like having a painful sore on my rump removed, heh. The operator of OGR Magazine & Forums did what he wanted and has decimated the Subways-Traction Forum place.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:44 pm

Here's a 1950 shot of a Baltimore Transit car, similar to the ones I remember riding with my grandparents in the very early 1960s:

We'd get on in Catonsville and ride it down Old Frederick Road, which eventually turned into Pratt Street approaching downtown. I wouldn't take that route today in an armored truck.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:21 pm

Boston, Massachusetts, October 1909:

Courtesy of the Library of Congress.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:26 pm

"Newsie flipping cars", Boston 1909:

Courtesy of the Library of Congress.

healey36