Whoops! Domain expired. All fixed.

Please post your tech support questions here.
Forum Moderator
Site Admin

Whoops! Domain expired. All fixed.

Postby Forum Moderator » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:29 pm

Sorry for the brief hiatus 1/1/23 to 1/3/23. Everything should be back to normal.
Lee

bob turner

Re: Whoops! Domain expired. All fixed.

Postby bob turner » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:28 pm

Lots of folks would like to join the 2-rail conversations. Any chance that could be fixed?

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:29 am

Hello Lee

THANKS much for getting MTJ back up and running.!!!

I was the one who found the GO DADDY DOMAIN website page that came up when I clicked on Model Train Journal link in my computer favorites list. It listed " MODEL TRAIN JOURNAL -- and then beneath -- something ie: " THIS DOMAIN IS EXPIRED " and then " THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE ".

Many others saw that same notice-page -- so what was I to think --other than I was very disappointed, saddened, to see MTJ "end" that way. And now so glad to see MTJ come back up a short while ago when I went to check the MTJ link again to see if that Go Daddy Domain site came up again. And MTJ Website came back instead.

Glad to see you are still involved as there are countless loyal members here at MTJ forum as you likely well know

Best Regards - Joseph Frank

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:54 am

Thank you Lee for your service, which goes largely unrecognized. I'm sure Bill is up there smiling!

Happy Holidays,
Rich

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:48 am

Thanks for keeping the lights on, Lee!
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:28 pm

What happened, without pointing the finger at anyone in particular!

This is what went down to the best of my knowledge:

There is NO FREE LUNCH!

Web space for the Forum costs money. Our original benefactor Bill Lango made arrangements with his son-in-law (hope I got that correct) Lee, to administrate MTJ after his passing. I am guessing Lee (It's the HOLIDAY season and Lee has a life outside of catering to us) forgot to pay the fare and Go Daddy hammered US.

With the Forum down, there was NO easy way to contact Lee. Fortunately, one of our members (he can step forward at his own discretion) had Mr. Berman's E-mail, and notified him about the outage. Mr. Berman then proceeded to correct the problem. Sounds a lot easier than the reality!

If you read the notice from the Domain holder (Go Daddy), it was easy to jump to any number of conclusions.

In the spirit of the season, instead of pointing fingers, we should THANK Mr. Berman, and say a prayer for Bill, and try to be a little kinder to our fellow forum members, and NOT assume we know everything. Let's leave all the BS, childish behavior, bad manners and politics elsewhere.

Rich

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:37 pm

E7 wrote:Fortunately, one of our members (he can step forward at his own discretion) had Mr. Berman's E-mail, and notified him about the outage. Mr. Berman then proceeded to correct the problem.

Good to know.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

DaveJfr0

Postby DaveJfr0 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:54 pm

Forum Moderator wrote:Sorry for the brief hiatus 1/1/23 to 1/3/23. Everything should be back to normal.
Lee

HNY!

I don't post a whole lot, but thank you for continuing to pay for the MTJ domain and hosting. Still some good reads here.

If there are issues with new users joining, you can DM me, and I can attempt to help you fix that.
Focus: 2R O-Scale, SOU/SCL 1967-1972
Blog: http://davejfr0.blogspot.com/

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:40 pm

Yes, THANK YOU, Lee, for getting us back and maintaining this forum!

Return to “Forum Support”