Sending PM's

Please post your tech support questions here.
healey36

Sending PM's

Postby healey36 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:50 pm

Hey what's up with sending PM's? I write one, hit send, and then it sits in my 'outbox' for days. I have one I sent on June 15th and it's still sitting in my outbox...???

Am I doing something wrong? Have a setting I need to change?

Healey

healey36

Re: Sending PM's

Postby healey36 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Hey Mitch, thanks for the message. I sent you a response at 11:03PM this evening, July 4th...let's see how long it takes to clear my outbox and move to 'sent'.

Healey

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 pm

It don't give me the time of receipt, but it shows the precise time you sent it to me. Hadn't PMed anyone for quite a while, and what I noticed is that the entire procedure has changed, but I guess it achieves the same thing. It used to be a little simpler, I thought.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:50 pm

I had tried to send Tramp a PM and it just sat in my outbox for a month...maybe his referenced email address has changed and he hasn't updated.

BTW, thanks for the suggestions on sorting the Sprite. The 4th of July festivities threw me off for a few days, than I blew yesterday trying to get the snow-thrower started (which seems to be a gummed-up carb issue). Hoping to get back to the Sprite this weekend.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:29 am

Healey,
I just gotta ask. You didn't need to use the snow thrower to throw snow did you? :D :D
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Nope, lol...I've gotten into the habit of starting it every four months or so...keeps it running. Now it seems to be gummed up.

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Healy, you need to go to Walmart and buy a bottle of Star Tron or Techron. Star Tron is really good, ain't cheap, somewhere between $10-$11 for a 1 pint bottle, but it treats 48 gallons of gas. Put an ounce or two in your lawnmower, weedeater, snow blower, generator gas can. (you cannot overdo it). If you can get 'er runnin', it not only stabilizes your fuel, it cleans up gunky carbs and intake systems.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Mitch,
That stuff is OK with a 2 cycle engine?
I don't know how to move it but would this discussion be better in the club car?
At least from where I asked about using his snow thrower in July.
roger

I support thread drift.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Mitch wrote:Healy, you need to go to Walmart and buy a bottle of Star Tron or Techron. Star Tron is really good, ain't cheap, somewhere between $10-$11 for a 1 pint bottle, but it treats 48 gallons of gas. Put an ounce or two in your lawnmower, weedeater, snow blower, generator gas can. (you cannot overdo it). If you can get 'er runnin', it not only stabilizes your fuel, it cleans up gunky carbs and intake systems.

Thanks Mitch. I've been using StarTron for a few years, ever since the guys at Vintage Restorations turned me onto it after rebuilding the Sprite's fuel system (I asked them to swap out the OEM fuel pump for a solid-state unit, and they ended up replacing everything from and including the fuel tank, fuel lines, filter and rebuilding the carbs).

They also recommended using one quart of Marvels Mystery Oil with three quarts of the standard 20W-50 at every oil change. I've never done that...kinda freaks me out. They said that would help with the nickel issue, or lack thereof. Instead I've been using four quarts of Valvoline VR-1 which I understand has a high nickel content. That, however, seems to be getting harder to find.

So the snow-thrower...two weeks ago I wheeled it outa the garage, primed it and pulled the cord...started right up. Ran for five or six minutes, then died. Now it will start when I prime it but immediately dies...presumably it's burning off the prime and unable to draw anything from the carb. I've resigned myself to having to pulling the carb apart again (replaced the card three years ago with a new unit). Religously use StarTron and Stabil in it each fill-up. I also need to check to make sure the line from the tank to the bowl is clear...it's not leaking at the carb which makes me wonder if suddenly no gas is even getting over there.

Paul

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Still freakin' having problems with PM's...composed one on Oct. 31, hit send and it's still sitting in my Outbox...WTF?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:28 pm

healey36 wrote:Still freakin' having problems with PM's...composed one on Oct. 31, hit send and it's still sitting in my Outbox...WTF?

I think that they sit there until the recipient opens them.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:44 pm

I assume this is sending a PM through MTJ.
I have used that feature several times with no problem.
Maybe this person is no longer accepting PMs through MTJ.
Did it ever leave your outbox?
Mine were never in a place called outbox. I guess "Post a reply"
is the outbox?
roger

I support thread drift.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:13 am

Hmmm...two angles I never considered.

I've got a snail-mail address around here someplace - maybe I'll try that.

Thanks.

Return to “Forum Support”