FAQ: Log on Problems

Please post your tech support questions here.
ShyGuy

FAQ: Log on Problems

Postby ShyGuy » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:36 pm

Hello all, Bill wanted me to put together a little FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about problems logging on to the message board or the photo gallery.

Let's get some obvious things out of the way..

Step 1: Double check your username and password. Remember, the username is not case sensitive, but the password is.

Step 2: If possible, verify. If you have access to another computer, try logging onto the message board from it. This helps narrow down the problem and may be the fastest way to get logged on if you need to get on that very second.

If you don't have another computer available, try another web browser. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Opera. If you don't have another web browser on your computer, I recommend downloading firefox. http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
It's small, fast, and helps protect your computer from spyware.

Step 3: Clear your cookies! This solves the problem 9 times out of 10. How do I clear my cookies, you ask? Here's a step by step guide:
Internet Explorer
1. On the menu bar, click on tools
2. Click on internet options
This opens a new window with tabs across the top. The first tab is lableled general.
3. About the middle of this window in the section called "Temporary Internet Files, there's a button called Delete Cookies. Click and confirm.
That's it! your cookies should now be clean. Restart your browser and come back to the forums.

Firefox (and newer Netscapes too)
1. On the menu bar, click on tools
2. Click on Options
3. This opens a new window with icons on the left. Click on the Privacy tab.
4. Click on the word Cookies and then click and confirm on the "Clear" button in its section.
That's it! your cookies should now be clean. Restart your browser and come back to the forums.

Step 4: Ask for help. Even if you can't log on, you can still post here in the Forum Support section. Let us know what your problem is and we'll try to help.
Design Render: Web Design

http://www.designrender.com/

Return to “Forum Support”