Weekend Photos - January 2023

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
healey36

Re: Weekend Photos - January 2023

Postby healey36 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:12 pm

Sounds almost as bad as L. A. Fifteen years ago a friend of mine bought a two-bedroom bungalow an hour outside the city and paid $900K for it (and he thought he stole it). That was six months before the subprime mortgage crisis. A third of his $900K evaporated in a little more than six weeks. I imagine he's about back to where he started by now.

Anyway, it looks nice. It would make for a great cardboard house with glitter dumped on it for Christmas.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:14 pm

What are the two pictures under the bungalow about ??

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:18 pm

Here is what the artist was painting
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:14 pm

HONDO74 wrote:What are the two pictures under the bungalow about ??

The second image is of Lucid Motors best, largest and most important model in the fleet, the Lucid Air.
Reference:=> https://www.lucidmotors.com/
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:19 pm

webenda wrote:

The second image is of Lucid Motors best, largest and most important model in the fleet, the Lucid Air.
Reference:=> https://www.lucidmotors.com/

There are several models within the Lucid Air family ranging from the Pure up to the Sapphire.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:21 pm

Tesla CEO Elon Musk continues to suggest that Lucid likely won't make it. However, reviewers across the globe are beyond impressed with the Air sedan, which tops the Tesla Model S in a number of key categories. Automakers are all facing tough times right now, so we'll have to wait and see what the future holds for Lucid.
--https://insideevs.com/news/625872/elon-musk-says-lucid-will-fail/
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:17 pm

The second photo is a guy painting a street mural. It turned into a women's face. I think he used those numbers as a grid to map out her face.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:44 pm

webenda wrote:Tesla CEO Elon Musk continues to suggest that Lucid likely won't make it.

Funny - Tesla has been relegated to be no longer being a tech company and just a car company, and a boring one at that where the basic designs have not advanced in far too many years.

Given sales of his stock and dubious behavior regarding that action and too many others, I have doubts that he will even be CEO of Tesla and suspect that the Board will act to remove him from that position.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:21 pm

Aside from his narcissistic behavior (shambolic at times), I wouldn't underestimate Musk. I find what he's done with SpacEx far more impressive than Tesla (technically more than financially). He's one of the rare "vision" guys that seem able to actually make things happen tangibly, presumably because he's surrounded himself with a bunch of smart people. Frankly, I'm amazed that the SEC hasn't taken him down a few notches by now.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:50 pm

Never underestimate the Ability of a visionary. I would put him in the same category as Steve Jobs.

If you remember Jobs was eliminated from Apple. A company that he helped create, And yet when he came back he saved Apple from going under and turned it into one of the most valuable companies in the world.

Musk started a car company. He had no experience in automotive work just a vision. Detroit had their heads up their behind and now they are playing catch up.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:58 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Never underestimate the Ability of a visionary. I would put him in the same category as Steve Jobs.

I used to put him up there as a visionary. But he's done too many stupid things over the past couple of years that Jobs very carefully avoided stepping in. He's also not done much for many years now. I think a lot of SpacEx is a lot of other very good people backed by a lot of money (from a lot of sources...) and desire.

Detroit had their heads up their behind and now they are playing catch up.

Detroit had their heads up their behind 50 years ago. Real innovation to pass them by was not that high a bar. Just took money and willingness to try. Trying is not Detroit's forte.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:01 pm

I saw a spacex launch last week. Not really aware of what was going on, I will shock you. Spacex dose not launch straight up. I launches about 30-45 degrees and looks like a missile coming from the shoreline. Had to do a little googling to see what it was.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:03 pm

Did you ever watch them catch their re-usable boosters post-launch? Effing amazing...

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:52 pm

healey36 wrote:Did you ever watch them catch their re-usable boosters post-launch? Effing amazing...

Seen film - it makes you wonder what's wrong with everyone else.

The initial commitment to being able to recycle parts was a big selling point.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:10 am

Who buys cars from companies with no experience in building cars?

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”