How High the Flatcar

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
webenda

How High the Flatcar

Postby webenda » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:58 am

2419-2 High

2419-2 Low
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: How High the Flatcar

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:32 am

Swapped out the trucks? Was there a car body bolster under that car? Can it take curves now; looks like the wheels will impact the sides.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:20 pm

I set the car on the trucks, they are not attached yet. The car has no body bolster. I have some Atlas O body bolsters ordered. Car cannot take any curve, the truck journals are trapped by the car stirrups. If necessary, I will shim the body bolster for the wheels to clear the body sides.

----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:30 pm

Okay; I could have sent you some bolsters - I cast 4 types in resin for converting 3 rial stuff over to 2 rail, or just for scratchbuilding, or for replacing lousy kit parts. Let me know if you want some - you'll have to clean them up a little, and drill & tap for whatever size mounting screw you prefer. Just got 4 lbs of resin delivered, so I should be gearing up mold making soon and then resin casting in my shop if I can clear the level work space on my bench.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:29 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Okay; I could have sent you some bolsters -

Thank you for the offer. I would rather have a pair of yours (seen in the car where you replaced the Zincpestulitus bolsters) but I'll wait for the Atlas bolsters and see what I can do with them.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”