Ogr account disabled

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
Tranz4mr

Re: Ogr account disabled

Postby Tranz4mr » Mon May 09, 2022 1:25 pm

A month ago Rocky Mountain Train show was in a new venue in Denver with over 10000 attendance. Many manufacturers including Lionel. Attendance was down slightly from The peak of 11000 in 2019
Kent Schwarz
Transformer sales and repairs
http://www.tranz4mr.com
tranz4mr@tranz4mr.com
RMD TCA
Scenic Line Modelers Inc
http://www.trainweb.org/drgwscenicline/

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:46 pm

Tried to re join OGR. I received an email that says they will reconsider my application upon subscribing to OGR??? What the magazine? So is that how it is now? If you are a new member you cannot join the forum unless you subscribe to their magazine?

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:53 pm

Monetizing the Masses!
Stew-pid.
Opinion.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:33 am

gregj410 wrote:Tried to re join OGR. I received an email that says they will reconsider my application upon subscribing to OGR??? What the magazine? So is that how it is now? If you are a new member you cannot join the forum unless you subscribe to their magazine?

I got the same thing.I got into a password nightmare so tried to be a new application. I also have a new email. They said I didn't completely fill out the application. I haven't been feeling good so haven't retried.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:59 am

they probably had one of their 75 lawyers say " Get the deadbeats out"
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:03 pm

Wonder how long until they start kicking non-subscribers off?
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Neil

Postby Neil » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:40 pm

I think the OGR Forum is a little less military prison camp than it was before. Alan Arnold has invited the various malcontents and rebels to rejoin :). I'm guessing this is genuine, although they may require some sort of support (subscription or sponsorship) at present. I doubt they will be kicking people off for not having a subscription, but this remains to be seen. If their costs go up substantially they may have no choice. The OGF is free but they kicked me off for arguing (correctly) about first amendment rights with some of their regulars. They regularly solicit contributions from their members and the leadership contribute themselves. They've also received some sponsorship dollars from Kalmbach, I gather.

Freedom is just another word for having to pay for your pleasures :). Much ado about nothing. I think a supporting sponsorship on the OGR Forum is about $12.00 and a magazine subscription about $40. Not a king's ransom exactly if you really want to be able to post. You can read for free.
Neil

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:08 pm

Neil wrote: I doubt they will be kicking people off for not having a subscription, but this remains to be seen.

Indeed.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:29 pm

Maybe they are throwing people off for any little misstep. Especially the ones like myself that did not have a subscription and are prone to kick the beehive from time to time :lol:

It would be real easy to blame a little dust up for your execution, when it’s really about you not subscribing to their magazine.

Either way, no love lost. I was simply going to post a video that somebody had requested sometime ago. I guess I could post it here and mention their handle and quite possibly they would view it here or join, or not, considering we haven’t had a new member in like 46 years :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:34 pm

gregj410 wrote:Maybe they are throwing people off for any little misstep. Especially the ones like myself that did not have a subscription and are prone to kick the beehive from time to time :lol:

It would be real easy to blame a little dust up for your execution, when it’s really about you not subscribing to their magazine.

Had that same scenario in mind. :?

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:20 pm

I would imagine they feel it is good for their business model.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:46 am

I made a post not long ago that promptly disappeared suggesting that train hobby shops advertising stuff they have for sale going in the buy sell forum.
Maybe that's why I can't post now.

jlong

Postby jlong » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:28 pm

"Movers and Shakers of the Hobby" has been their motto. Sounds more like they're doin a whole lotta shakin more than anything

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jlong on Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Long

One nation under Josh with ozone an magnetraction for all

jlong

Postby jlong » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:40 pm

Neil wrote:The OGF is free but they kicked me off for arguing (correctly) about first amendment rights with some of their regulars.

This comes as no surprise. Your educated views and opinions are notorious for to stirring up shit with the ultra sensitive. Comical to say the least.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Long

One nation under Josh with ozone an magnetraction for all

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:55 pm

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/my-york-feelings

I think Ben was basically saying York sucked but in the way the moderators didn’t give him the axe :lol: I know the Italian ice was bad :lol:

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”