Any SP RR modelers

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
gregj410

Re: Any SP RR modelers

Postby gregj410 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:48 am

healey36 wrote:Nothing exciting; a couple of prewar tinplate cars, one being a Dorfan coach this is in pretty rough shape. I’ll post some pics later this weekend. How about yourself?

Attendance and vendor/member participation looked way down, which I guess is understandable. I was looking for something for Hondo, but most of the guys I know that typically might have been able to help with that were no-shows.

Strange that the parking lot was packed but where were all the people? I picked up a few scenery items, but other than that not much peaked my interest.

healey36

Re: Any SP RR modelers

Postby healey36 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:31 pm

I’ve seen a few comments by folks regarding how “packed” the lots were. I think for old-timers that was wishful thinking. I parked on the far side of the Orange Hall, and had pretty much my pick of any space I wanted. When I walked from the Blue/Silver Halls to the Red Hall, there were many spots available on the grass. I didn’t even see people carrying a lot of stuff, which was unusual given it’s October and just a month from peak “train season”. This was a husk of what York once was, even from six or seven years ago. I think I saw one State set...usually I see ten. From a prewar tinplate standpoint, I think top-condition boxed pieces are still sought; the rest of it is in free-fall (which is great, as far as I’m concerned).

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”