Weekend Photos - September 2021

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
healey36

Re: Weekend Photos - September 2021

Postby healey36 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:54 am

If you knew me at the time, you'd know that all three of those things were an impossibility. :lol:

One from the archives:

An electrical utility box fashioned from a couple of wood bits, some cereal-box cardboard, a couple nails (wire brads), and two plastic repro insulators I got from George Tebolt. I plan to connect this to a string of repro prewar telegraph poles that will line the right-of-way heading south from the 305 bridge to the tunnel at Heat Pump Pass. Years ago I picked up a few spools of Stretch Magic jewelry cord to use for line. I occasionally get some overly-exuberant spectators to the pike and figure these poles and their line will take a beating. I'm hoping the stretchiness of this cord will prevent at least some of the carnage. The MOW department warned me that running poles and line down the edge of the layout was a dumb move, but since when does management listen to the workers?

Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Weekend Photos - September 2021

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:41 am

healey36 wrote:The MOW department warned me that running poles and line down the edge of the layout was a dumb move, but since when does management listen to the workers?

Which is why I have yet to put up my overhead wire on my layout, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”