Scale Trains buys MTH HO/S tooling

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
G3750

Re: Scale Trains buys MTH HO/S tooling

Postby G3750 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:24 pm

That photo is quite an eye-opener. It was taken October 2018 at York. I probably weighed about 215 lbs (and looked it). :oops:

Since September 2020, the wife and I have been walking 3 miles a day. I've been controlling my food intake very carefully and now weigh 171. My 50th high school reunion is next year and I weigh roughly the same as I did then. I was captain of my high school swim team. Just for grins, I tried getting back into my Speedos! I fit, but I'll spare you that image, though. :wink: (As Iced-T would say "You're welcome")

Looking at that photo just blew my mind. :lol: I had forgotten.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:43 pm

I think you should get your picture taken with Mike Wolf in your Speedo at the next York meet. I think it would be a little weird but worth a thousand laughs.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:04 pm

gregj410 wrote:I think you should get your picture taken with Mike Wolf in your Speedo at the next York meet. I think it would be a little weird but worth a thousand laughs.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: Comment of the year!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:52 am

I think some of these guys in NK have lost touch with reality over the DCS remote debacle.

Apparently MTH will now produce the WTIU which will be strictly a WiFi platform that you will run your trains from a smartphone or a tablet. That is if I’m understanding it correctly.

It looks as if now they are going to bum rush MTH or MTH dealers for remotes. I guess they will be stockpiled in a closet right next to their incandescent lightbulbs.

They may not like it, but someday your smart phone will run just about everything. For those not willing to run their trains with a smart phone or tablet, there will still be the Z4K

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:41 am

Almost any new household appliance can be blue tooth activated. Even door locks. At one time people were to lazy to turn something off. Now their to lazy to turn it on.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:04 am

gregj410 wrote:I think some of these guys in NK have lost touch with reality

Could have just stopped there.

I tried getting back into my Speedos!

TMI :!:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

G3750

Postby G3750 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:02 am

gregj410 wrote:I think some of these guys in NK have lost touch with reality over the DCS remote debacle.

Apparently MTH will now produce the WTIU which will be strictly a WiFi platform that you will run your trains from a smartphone or a tablet. That is if I’m understanding it correctly.

It looks as if now they are going to bum rush MTH or MTH dealers for remotes. I guess they will be stockpiled in a closet right next to their incandescent lightbulbs.

They may not like it, but someday your smart phone will run just about everything. For those not willing to run their trains with a smart phone or tablet, there will still be the Z4K

If I recall, MTH stopped (or at least announced there would be only 1 more batch) producing the DCS remote at the end of 2019 or shortly thereafter. The run on them started months ago and prices have doubled and tripled on eBay and other sites. It's just a guess, but the thumbwheel problems (spares) was a contributor to the decision.

And I should correct my previous statement. I actually got into my Speedo's, handily and with no "muffin top". 8)

George

—Katy Faust

jlong

Postby jlong » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:25 pm

gregj410 wrote:I think you should get your picture taken with Mike Wolf in your Speedo at the next York meet. I think it would be a little weird but worth a thousand laughs.

George in white tights covered with magic lamps, holding an oscilloscope, and hugging MW. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Long

One nation under Josh with ozone an magnetraction for all

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:08 pm

jlong wrote:

George in white tights covered with magic lamps, holding an oscilloscope, and hugging MW. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The possibilities here are endless! :lol:

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”