Texas Special with A/C!

All Facets of O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading
ScaleCraft

Texas Special with A/C!

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:50 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lionel-210-Vin ... 3039481962

Priceless artifact. Cheesy ALCO chassis, the only thing of any value would be the shells for collectors.
This set has the uber-rare Fireman's Side A/C. Makes you wonder how it ended up with that hole where it is.

"Here is a Lionel 210 Texas Special AA Diesel Locomotive Set. The 210 Texas Special Alco AA units were offered for only a single year -- 1958. Unlike the common 211 Texas Special Alco AA units produced in the 1960's, the 210's are somewhat hard to locate. Collector quality examples with nice boxes are difficult to locate. "

"This item has been graded per TCA standards C-6: Very Good. There are light nicks, scratches and spots of surface rust on the locos. The overall appearance of this item may be improved with a gentle and thorough cleaning."

How is a gentle and thorough washing gonna fix THAT?

One shell holed, the other broken chin strut.
No place does Trainz tell us how wonderfully it runs.
But:
"There is also a decal of a star on the nose of each shell."

$127.59 plus shipping, and you, too, can have broken junk in your collection!
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

chuck

Re: Texas Special with A/C!

Postby chuck » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:59 am

I don't think that started out as a hole. Photo's are really quite poor but I think the front end was bashed in from a header off the table and the "hole" is the missing piece. It looks like glue lines on the nose and a mediocre paint job to hide them.
Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?

ScaleCraft

Re: Texas Special with A/C!

Postby ScaleCraft » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:13 pm

chuck wrote:I don't think that started out as a hole. Photo's are really quite poor but I think the front end was bashed in from a header off the table and the "hole" is the missing piece. It looks like glue lines on the nose and a mediocre paint job to hide them.

I know...but it fit the story line.

One would think with a header the headlight area, apron or roof would have the impact....not the recess where the windscreen hits the scuttle.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

Return to “O-Gauge, 3-Rail, Model Railroading”