Page 1 of 1
Sunnyside Models
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:01 pm
by prrjim
I recently picked up a pair of Sunnyside PRR N5C cabooses (cabins) they are very nice models with fine detail and nice rolling trucks. I had seen these years ago when imported, but could not afford them at the time. At that time, I think I remember seeing that they imported PRR H10 2-8-0s and PRR T1 4-4-4-4 duplex locos.
A friend recently acquired some "kits' from an estate. these are in generic boxes with handlettered names. On one it says Sunnyside H10 and on one of the others Sunnyside H9. He asked me if I ever saw any Sunnyside kits and I have not that I remember.
Does anyone know if Sunnyside ever offered any kits, and possible what other pieces they imported?
Re: Sunnyside Models
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:07 am
by bob turner
Sorry about your lack of responses.
Try Billy Davis. A very long time ago he lived in Philadelphia, and had a friend called “Franny,” I think. Franny had some kind of connection to imported H10 parts - I recall cabs at least. Bill lives in Madison WI these days and sells a lot of O Scale.
Re: Sunnyside Models
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:42 pm
by R.K. Maroon
It is worth noting that a search of the brasstrains.com website for "Sunnyside" turns up a blank. Likewise, the binnsroad website has no listing for Sunnyside either. I don't know of any other resources that would be as good, except perhaps to contact the brass resellers such as Bill Davis and Jack McGarry.
Having an advertiser and article index to the various O-scale magazines over the years would be a nice-to-have in situations like this. I have complete collections of O Scale Railroading, O Scale News, and O Scale Trains, but accumulating an index would be a major undertaking with a questionable return on investment.
Jim
Re: Sunnyside Models
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:32 pm
by Chris Webster
Re: Sunnyside Models
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:58 am
by up148
I know very little about Sunnyside Shops, except back in the 90's, while looking for UP brass to buy, I would see a T1 advertised from time to time and they were selling in the $4-5K range. So, I inquired as to "why" these locos were worth so much. I was told it was a rare model, highly and correctly detailed and therefore highly collectible by PRR fans who could afford it. Never saw one in person, but apparently it was a very quality model.
Chris's link to other threads are great. Good catch Chris.