Tough Crowd around here

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Re: Tough Crowd around here

Postby bob turner » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm

Nope. Googled "EMD FT photo" and got a zillion prototype photos. All show the rear door as on my model. I wonder what brain short-circuit caused that particular modification?

We are going to reverse the roof on a pair of FT-B units, but a rotated roof is an easy mistake to make, and no sawing and re-soldering is required. I will just heat the casting, then, ker-Plunk the roof falls out, and is clamped back in for more heat. My specialty. It would go faster if I brought the oxy-acetylene home, but the Mapp gas cylinder and pencil tip gets me "fall-out" in about four minutes.

Dennis Holler

Postby Dennis Holler » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:54 pm

Carey doesn't have all of these!!
Looks like even managed to get all the wheels on the track lol
Doorstop Rookie

Dennis Holler

Postby Dennis Holler » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:03 pm

Got this one from Carey nice big little loco. Must be 17/64ths or more even. Had to buy a couple of Lionel 700 E wheels to replace the funky wheels a PO had installed. I forgot the darned Lionel wheels used a 17/64ths axle though. I need to get a reamer or turn down the ends of the PO's 1/4" axle lol. Need to get off my lazy bum...

Bob, how did you manage to get one of my tender truck wheels off the track!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Loco is kind or similar to the PRR K29 although different rear truck and valve gear, well and the sand dome needs moved back a couple inches...
Doorstop Rookie

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:34 pm

It appears that a lot of people read this forum but don't contribute. That's a shame but I understand it. I for one am trying to limit the time spent on any and all social media. There is not enough time to read all forums or look at all the videos on YouTube and elsewhere, much less time to post. I decided that posting here is similar to writing magazine articles. All the work is on me and most of my articles (and many of my posts here) never engender a single comment. Oh well -- As long as the "views" counter keeps going up, I'll keep posting, even if it's only every now and then.

I think this is right approach. It becomes a labor of love and you never know who you might inspire. You can really get wrapped up in posting on forums. It takes a lot of time to organize a post with photos etc. I’ve been building my layout for 14 years and I’m not even close to being done. I watch these layout build threads and I wonder how much farther along one might be if they took the posting time and applied it to building the layout. I do many layout and model train related things that never make it to the forums because of the time it takes to post. Im running my trains as I compose this reply. FWIW, I read over here quite a bit. Interesting conversations.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”