P&D Hobby Shop Sales Emails

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
DaveJfr0

P&D Hobby Shop Sales Emails

Postby DaveJfr0 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:29 am

Not trying to incite rumors at all, but does anyone else get P&D's sale emails? Just received another 30 off 50 email. It's becoming a monthly ritual for them now.

This one also has wording in them such as "we still have lots of product left".

I could be reading too deeply into the the frequency and wording of these emails, but it finally makes me wonder if the family has decided to dwindle down inventory a bit more and close. I could be wrong, since I'd think they would save a lot of time if they just advanced to a liquidation sale. When the time comes, I just hope the P&D parts can be continued by someone else. Still some value there despite the advancements in 3DP.

As a side note, I've tried to browse their website several times in the past, but their search/filters don't work right and parts of the page don't load correctly either. Previous email communications with them over the course of a year on these issues prove to me that they're not interested in fixing it.

PS - if you read this far down, this month's code is feb30. Happy shopping.
Focus: 2R O-Scale, SOU/SCL 1967-1972
Blog: http://davejfr0.blogspot.com/

riogrande491

Re: P&D Hobby Shop Sales Emails

Postby riogrande491 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:22 am

Dave -

I share your suspicion. They have already sold off all the F units and are down to just the shell kits. Brass truck repower kits are gone, although the brass castings still show in the detail parts category. Lots of details and drive repair parts are also out of stock.

The only items I've noticed coming back into stock are geared 40" axles and the loose gears themselves. They were both out of stock during last year's Denver O Scale Convention. Perhaps someone bags parts for retail sale as time permits.
Bob
A&O Historical Society

Chris Webster

Re: P&D Hobby Shop Sales Emails

Postby Chris Webster » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:39 am

Bob: a very belated thank you for posting the slides from your Chain Drives clinic - I've learned a ton from it!

Dave: thank you for the heads up on the sale emails. P&D is also running a sale over on their ebay store. Last week they had posted % off codes that could be used during checkout and applied to the entire order. These % off codes went up as you purchased more, but those codes seem to have disappeared from their listings. Right now the % off appears to be deducted automatically when you buy multiples of the same item.

I assume they use ebay because it is easier for them to sell internationally there than thru the P&D website store.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”