Page 1 of 1

Slip-roll?

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:18 pm
by bob turner
I have been using brass tube for boilers. My suppliers have dwindled. One way out is a “slip-roll.”

Anybody familiar with this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124265759915?_ ... 1864966947

Re: Slip-roll?

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:20 am
by cole7015
Hello Bob

I needed to get one similar to this recently . There were a bunch out there being offered.

I finally settle on one from Grizzly 12" I really like it.

Bill Basden

https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzl ... 482c4e903c

Re: Slip-roll?

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:00 pm
by 86TA355SR
bob turner wrote:I have been using brass tube for boilers. My suppliers have dwindled. One way out is a “slip-roll.”

Anybody familiar with this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124265759915?_ ... 1864966947



Bob,

Did you try this? I’m looking for one…

Re: Slip-roll?

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:36 pm
by bob turner
No - but the guys in the shop got the giant roll out and cleaned it up - maybe I will try some 032 in it?

By the way, really nice weathering on the Mike - sometimes we forget that UP had USRA Mikes with Sweeney stacks.

Re: Slip-roll?

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:28 pm
by 86TA355SR
bob turner wrote:No - but the guys in the shop got the giant roll out and cleaned it up - maybe I will try some 032 in it?

By the way, really nice weathering on the Mike - sometimes we forget that UP had USRA Mikes with Sweeney stacks.


Thank you. It was a fun project.

Thinking about the slip-roll still…