Scale Craft Mountain

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Re: Scale Craft Mountain

Postby bob turner » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:47 am

This is all subjective, just like headlights. Yes, for me it is visually worse on Lionel - especially the Hudson and 701 switcher. First thing I did to those two was scale flanges on all drivers.

I have not seen blind driers on Proto-48. I suspect they would be lots less objectionable to my.eye.

steamaheadstephen59

Postby steamaheadstephen59 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:39 pm

Its true the larger the flanges the more the blind drivers stick out. They don't show much on the real thing. I feel lately I don't have time to be overly critical on a model, so Im letting some things go!

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:16 pm

Don’t hesitate! Trainz has a slightly damaged Scale Craft Mountain with incorrect tender trucks for the low, low price of $1500 on eBay right now. It does appear to have flanges on all drivers.

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:52 pm

bob turner wrote:Don’t hesitate! Trainz has a slightly damaged Scale Craft Mountain with incorrect tender trucks for the low, low price of $1500 on eBay right now. It does appear to have flanges on all drivers.

My finger is twitching....................Naaaaaaaaaaaaah! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just thinking that it wasn't all that long ago you could have bought a Sunset/3rd rail PRR M1a new for a grand.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:11 am

steamaheadstephen59 wrote:Its true the larger the flanges the more the blind drivers stick out. They don't show much on the real thing. I feel lately I don't have time to be overly critical on a model, so Im letting some things go!

It's YOUR stuff, and all of it is subjective, so if YOU like it, that's really all that matters. Don't take too much stock in what is really just opinion! Sometimes what is less aesthetically pleasing is superior function wise, a point being the pilot truck on Pacifics. I have always preferred the look of a single axle up front, but dual axles track better (so THEY say). What do THEY know! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.

Rich

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:08 am

bob turner wrote:I have not seen blind driers on Proto-48. I suspect they would be lots less objectionable to my.eye.

Find someone who does PRR in P48 and has a correct Decapod. The early version had the 2,3,4 drivers blind, later to be changed to only the number 3 blind.

As I recall, the US Hobbies had 3 blind, and the Sunset 1.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”