OST Transitions to Annual in 2024

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
G3750

Re: OST Transitions to Annual in 2024

Postby G3750 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:25 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
sarge wrote:
up148 wrote:OST has been on a downward spiral ever since Joe Giannoverio passed away....hard to believe it has been 10 years.

Why thank you, Butch.

I very much hope Jaini never sees that after she poured her soul and not an insignificant amount of her savings into bringing it back to life after Joe's death as both a service to the scale and a legacy, not to mention how Marty now knows his efforts were worthwhile as he tried his best under the White River ownership.

After all it would have been far easier to leave it dead on the ground at ten years old rather than investing the effort and self to double its lifespan.

I can't leave these people undefended. They cared, as did Jim D., the rest of the columnists, and a host of authors, all of whom put their stamp on the magazine.

Thank you, Brian.

What you and Jaini (and I along the way in the back room...), along with a very, very short list of others did to keep OST alive for 5 years has been very poorly appreciated or understood by almost all, and it was quite frankly as some personal cost of us all in varying currencies.

What was done to keep it alive for another 5 years with WRP is not easily described, nor understood by many, nor the very real associated costs. I'd like to be able to think I did not waste 5 years of my life trying to assemble the best possible publication working with whatever every modeler submitted for consideration.

I have 3 more regular issues to assemble before whatever an annual even is for OST. There remain significant unknowns going forward, not the least of which is my now questioning why bother at all.

Jani, Brian, and Martin all deserve our gratitude and respect for the courageous and difficult task of keeping OST alive and indeed, vibrant!

I certainly feel fortunate and grateful to have had the privilege of being published in OST a number of times.

George
What is a 'Conservative'? "Someone who wants society and policy to recognize objective reality- economic, biological, and historical."

—Katy Faust

Chris Rock

Postby Chris Rock » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:40 pm

I'm sad to see it go in this direction. Thanks to everyone who kept it going this long.

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:19 pm

The last monthly issue just arrived in my mailbox. :(

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:45 pm

Better an Annual than Nothing! That said, a bimonthly or quarterly would have been better.

Rich

86TA355SR

Postby 86TA355SR » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:35 pm

Just read Jim’s wonderful article on “Our Vintage Models” in OST. Fantastic, thanks for writing and sharing with us.

Also, Enjoyed the picture of Mr Turner’s beautiful repair of the “exploded” boiler.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”