Page 1 of 1

Truck assembly question

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:09 pm
by gregj410
I’m asking this question here for two reasons the first is that it’s two rail (On30) the second is I find this side of the forum to be pretty well mechanically inclined. Ultimately, I will post this over on the modelers thread on the three rail forum. My question is in the assembly of these trucks. I find you need a third or fourth hand to really make this happen. However, I’ve come up with a way that seems to work reasonably well, the pictures should explain below. I would like to know if somebody has a better method or a jig of some sort to hold the wheel sets and the truck side frames in place while you set the bolster from the top. I used a combination of set up blocks to hold things in place while I assembled the trucks.

Image


Image



Image



Image



Image



Image

Re: Truck assembly question

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:00 pm
by J. S. Bach
What holds the bolster on the sideframe after you drop the bolster on pivots? Also, I hope that you have the insulated wheels on the same side.

Re: Truck assembly question

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:01 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
It gets more fun when you have to put the springs into the side frames while holding everything together.

Re: Truck assembly question

Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:12 pm
by J. S. Bach
Been there, done that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: