Truck assembly question

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
gregj410

Truck assembly question

Postby gregj410 » Thu May 11, 2023 5:09 pm

I’m asking this question here for two reasons the first is that it’s two rail (On30) the second is I find this side of the forum to be pretty well mechanically inclined. Ultimately, I will post this over on the modelers thread on the three rail forum. My question is in the assembly of these trucks. I find you need a third or fourth hand to really make this happen. However, I’ve come up with a way that seems to work reasonably well, the pictures should explain below. I would like to know if somebody has a better method or a jig of some sort to hold the wheel sets and the truck side frames in place while you set the bolster from the top. I used a combination of set up blocks to hold things in place while I assembled the trucks.

J. S. Bach

Re: Truck assembly question

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu May 11, 2023 7:00 pm

What holds the bolster on the sideframe after you drop the bolster on pivots? Also, I hope that you have the insulated wheels on the same side.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu May 11, 2023 7:01 pm

It gets more fun when you have to put the springs into the side frames while holding everything together.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu May 11, 2023 7:12 pm

Been there, done that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”