March Meet Video

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Re: March Meet Video

Postby bob turner » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:30 pm

Shutterfly is trivially easy and free. I can step you both through the process once you get an account. For Erik, simply right click on an OGR image, select and copy the image address, and put it here using the Img button above. I will double check that with an Erik image.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:31 pm

I am sure Erik won't mind - I went to the MoPac thread on OGR, selected this photo by right clicking (big computer, not iPad) on the image, selecting "copy image address" about 2/3 of the way down the list. That is a left click.

So then I come here, and select, with the mouse, the Img button 9 items from the left - just before the URL button. right after I do that, I type "control V" ( your computer may have a different sequence for "paste" - just select "paste" immediately after selecting the Img button.

That should have encapsulated the following sequence in between [img]brackets.%20%20If%20it%20didn't,%20you%20can%20actually%20type%20them%20yourself.%20%20Put%20[Img}%20in%20front%20of%20the%20saved%20sequence,%20then[/img] after.

Here is the raw address for the above image:

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/fileSendA ... image.jpeg

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:37 pm

I don't think I can take the %20 code out of there without upsetting some cosmic balance - you get the idea.

Now, back to the furor: I do not believe I have actually insulted anyone. If I have, I apologize. I believe I am being insulted. I am not demanding an apology, but one would be nice. We are all in this together.

I am not addressing anyone with what I regard as hatred in their heart - just my buddies here who can actually tolerate different viewpoints.

Erik C Lindgren

Postby Erik C Lindgren » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:53 pm

Good demonstration Bob2. Problem is I don't participate much on OG anymore for variety reasons but I rarely post there anymore. Yes the content there for some reason posts fine here in the image brackets. Insert from anywhere else I share its a Image

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:44 pm

OGR's website must have a big honking server that can save jpg-like formats apparently in perpetuity and a forum edit policy limiting all content posted there to what they to see fits their policy, hence preserving storage by excising or baring rabbit holes like politics or MMW like topics, though certainly not-true in the case where the "rabbit-hole" is mercantile related to their sponser's business interests, as in never-ending strings with subjects like "What have you bought lately?"
My impression is the tech infrastructure and operating system here is less robust and limited therefore now one has to at least master the art of the image link to one's own hosting site. I still use an old-school fee-paid hosting site (photobucket) it's not great but it works for me and I don't have to waste my time dealing with issues with it. I like their support folks too. I'm sure others here do it better, likely with less expense, but I don't care the monthly cost to me is no more than a lunch.
I do appreciate though those who continue to make the effort to post pictures here. moreso when they figure it out.
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:16 am

I can look at my photos anytime I want. Being an avid O Scaler, I thirst for images of others’ work. It doesn’t have to be perfect, like Erik’s work - just an attempt will do.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:45 am

bob turner wrote:I can look at my photos anytime I want. Being an avid O Scaler, I thirst for images of others’ work.

If you get on "You Tube" and search: "O Scale 2 Rail" there are many many videos of GREAT O Scale layouts and you can pause the action anytime you want to examine things. Get yourself a LARGE PC screen and you should have days of stuff to look at.

A while back I created a topic here showing many many 2 rail layouts, and Roger seemed to be the only one that viewed it. If I can find it, I'll bump it.

Here's a link to a well known O Scaler, Bob Hess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og0yPoz ... 8VPZ4ztZyg

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:45 am

E7 wrote:Here's a link to a well known O Scaler, Bob Hess

This July 14, 2023 video of the layout says it "is coming down as Bob is downsizing to HO scale."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS1UVL5RDhA

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:55 am

Chris Webster wrote:
E7 wrote:Here's a link to a well known O Scaler, Bob Hess

This July 14, 2023 video of the layout says it "is coming down as Bob is downsizing to HO scale."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS1UVL5RDhA

Wouldn't be the first time Bob has left O scale! :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”