March Meet Video

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7

Re: March Meet Video

Postby E7 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:48 pm

bob turner wrote:ButArnold checked in - noting that MMW is not a paying supporter, and suggesting conversation about models actually delivered.

Considering it's been well over a decade since this whole circus started, not unreasonable. A demonstration of how to kill a topic without killing the topic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:29 am

bob turner wrote:Getting there . . . The usual sycophants are defending. Nothing delivered yet.

They are amusing and entertaining, the faithful fanatics that while staring failure in the face continue to spout their gospel.

It's really an unfortunate chapter in O scale.

ButArnold checked in - noting that MMW is not a paying supporter, and suggesting conversation about models actually delivered.

Surprisingly rational, to a point. No one from MMW was posting while there are discussions about products about products from non-paying supporters of OGR. Their thought patterns and logic twisting does not pay to apply much thought to w/o hazard.

No finished models yet but website features rolling stock price increases.

Interesting business model.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:42 am

Hard to imagine anyone would defend MMW anymore, but it resembles our political parties zealots.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:07 am

up148 wrote:Hard to imagine anyone would defend MMW anymore, but it resembles our political parties zealots.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the faithful fanatics that while staring failure in the face continue to spout their gospel.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:34 am

I would sort of defend the guy trying to import truly good models - he is obviously a flawed but well-meaning entrepreneur. His sycophants are another story. I really like Butch's comparison - they are defending the clearly indefensible.
Um - opinion.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:51 pm

bob turner wrote:I would sort of defend the guy trying to import truly good models....

I would like to be able to now, but it's been too many years. I'd have to question how many of his customers are still viable.

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:06 pm

I have nothing against those with the assets able to reserve and buy fine-scale models in that range, nor the brave (or foolish) attempting to break into a tightly competitive supply chain leading back to the PRC or some other similar source.
While directly related both are caveat emptor though right?

On the other hand Melvin's comment is interesting/revealing in a way we could parse endlessly here (but please let's not) just like the now never-ending litany on MMW around their non-deliveries. As if we didn't know already it's pay to play on OGR, and if you're on the bad end of some pending order better not comment there. I'd feel better if he applied a similar policy to his own advertisers, but that's just another rabbit-hole we seem to inevitably spin down over and over and over as well.

*sigh*
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

86TA355SR

Postby 86TA355SR » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:50 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
bob turner wrote:Getting there . . . The usual sycophants are defending. Nothing delivered yet.

They are amusing and entertaining, the faithful fanatics that while staring failure in the face continue to spout their gospel.

…It's really an unfortunate chapter in O scale..

Agreed.

Excuses continue, no product delivery, and some take a life time to realize it.

The great news is plenty of other booths/good folks were there, an enjoyable show. Very grateful to Brad and crew for all their work to pull it off.

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:41 pm

86TA355SR wrote:Excuses continue, no product delivery, and some take a life time to realize it.

I just assume that MMW's customers think of themselves as patrons supporting an unending artistic endeavor and not as customers entitled to a completed product.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:33 pm

bob turner wrote:I would sort of defend the guy trying to import truly good models - he is obviously a flawed but well-meaning entrepreneur.

Based on what? Trot out someone who has received an actual model.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:02 am

Each of us has flaws. Some are more serious than others. In this case, Erik has the genuine desire to produce flawless, absolutely perfect models. (That’s an opinion; he could be a charlatan).

Nothing is perfect. You have to stop somewhere and roll the presses. He is apparently not capable of that.

I have worked with engineers like that, designing data processing equipment. Sooner or later you have to remove them from the project management and build the darn thing. Doesn’t mean they are bad engineers, just flawed.

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:35 pm

I don't know the man or his motivations. My only thought on the whole affair (pandemic or not), is that any reasonable time for delivery was surpassed LONG ago!

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:14 pm

Agreed!

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:11 pm

Sure, but no points for trying? I doubt he intended the project to be a scam - lots easier ways to fleece the public. I heard of a wealthy guy who got 7 million bucks in 72 hours by being indicted. Try that with model trains.
His cheering section, on the other hand, has passed any sane line in backing him.
All opinion.

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:11 am

[quote="bob turner"I heard of a wealthy guy who got 7 million bucks in 72 hours by being indicted. Try that with model trains.
His cheering section, on the other hand, has passed any sane line in backing him.
All opinion.[/quote]

You obviously didn't learn anything when they booted your A$$ off OGR. Suggest you put your political CRAP on the Club Car.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”