Holy Crxp, we're back!

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
ScaleCraft

Holy Crxp, we're back!

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:46 pm

It's bad enough when this happens. We discuss amongst ourselves privately, but ya know, to go to another forum and blab "MTJ Is Gone! Domain for sale!" is just BS.

I have now added that person to my ignore list, and he gets no belated holiday greetings from me.

And I did save the posting.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

bob turner

Re: Holy Crxp, we're back!

Postby bob turner » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:40 pm

Are you sure it was not abandoned and then re-purchased or something? On one of my computers two days ago it said something like "available for purchase."

In any case, glad it is back. Hope it is easier to sign up and participate.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:43 pm

bob turner wrote: On one of my computers two days ago it said something like "available for purchase."

Yes, but it was also shown as "taken", but the domain broker was willing to take your money to get it for you.

In any case, glad it is back.

Yes.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:09 pm

Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

steamaheadstephen59

Postby steamaheadstephen59 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:10 pm

Yip! Glad the forum is back, found myself trying to figure out what " expired but parked " even meant. I guess thats what google is for.

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:29 am

ScaleCraft wrote:It's bad enough when this happens. We discuss amongst ourselves privately, but ya know, to go to another forum and blab "MTJ Is Gone! Domain for sale!" is just BS.

I have now added that person to my ignore list, and he gets no belated holiday greetings from me.

And I did save the posting.

Relax Dave! Some of they who are occasional posters here are not as familiar with the issues of the board as some of US old fart regulars. I'm sure there was NO malice intended.

Rich

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:59 am

E7 wrote:Relax Dave! Some of they who are occasional posters here are not as familiar with the issues of the board as some of US old fart regulars. I'm sure there was NO malice intended.

Maybe so, but pushing the panic button and then announcing a premature burial is a little irksome to read about on OGR, the home of rumor, innuendo, and baseless attacks by folks that barely have anything more than a tenuous passing acquaintance with reality.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:23 am

I guess I missed that posting and just looked and it is gone (unless buried in another thread). Glad we're back.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:47 am

I don't think they tolerate discussing other fora there. They don't tolerate me, and I can be a nice guy at times.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:38 pm

up148 wrote:I guess I missed that posting and just looked and it is gone (unless buried in another thread). Glad we're back.

You can see it here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19610&p=415790#p415790

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:22 pm

That is sad - Rich Melvin says "Good Riddance." While I think Arnold may be not worth dealing with, Rich and I have several things in common - love of steam locomotives, qualifications in turbine aircraft, and I bet a few other similarities in outlook. I am disappointed that he would wish us ill.

Gunrunner John was run out of here? Are we sure he didn't run head-long into the extremists in the club lounge? We may mess with each other a bit here on the 2-rail side, but aside from a minor dust up with Sarge, which I never understood, we seem to get along? If a pinko liberal like me feels comfortable here, how sensitive must you be to think this is a closed clique?

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:34 pm

Thanks Greg. Well, that post seems quite apropos for that forum. I guess J Frank needed to be the 1st guy to report the news. I don't think I've ever seen that name post anything here.

And, for the record, Lee is Bill son-in-law and he was unaware there was a problem. He said he's made arrangement so the "Domain" issue can never happen again. We are grateful Lee.

And now back to your regular scheduled broadcast.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:45 pm

bob turner wrote:T

Gunrunner John was run out of here? Are we sure he didn't run head-long into the extremists in the club lounge?

I remember when he came here and why he didn't stick around. At the time he was an MTH tech and did a lot of work with MTH engines and promoting the product. What he discovered was a lot of anti Mike Wolf and MTH. On other forums MTJ became known as the anti MTH forum. Had nothing to do with any extremists in the club lounge as you call them. In fact there wasn't much going on in the club car except the HOBO thread

Maybe anti MTH extremists in the 3 rail section. Our resident Mike Wolf/MTH hater is still here.

The OGRR crapper thread existed for a long time until Bill Ended it and said he didn't want that on his forum. If you have a problem with someone on another forum keep it over there.

After it ended Lucus and Kent started the O Scale forum. It was another OGR crapper forum and Frank53 was one of the main perpetrators as he was on MTJ.

A lot of people left this forum because of all the complaining that people were doing about the other forum and people on it. And that hasn't changed much

Joseph Frank1

Postby Joseph Frank1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:55 pm

up148 wrote:Thanks Greg. Well, that post seems quite apropos for that forum. I guess J Frank needed to be the 1st guy to report the news. I don't think I've ever seen that name post anything here.

And, for the record, Lee is Bill son-in-law and he was unaware there was a problem. He said he's made arrangement so the "Domain" issue can never happen again. We are grateful Lee.

And now back to your regular scheduled broadcast.

========================================================================================================
Hello up148

(quoting you >>> " I guess J Frank needed to be the 1st guy to report the news. I don't think I've ever seen that name post anything here."

(a) -- WRONG with your info and assumptions. I did not "need" to be the or any "first" to report the news. But perhaps my OGR posting - thru an MTJ viewer on board there also - may have contacted and alerted Lee to a problem at the MTJ Forum. Don't know! But thanks to LEE quickly fixing the problem, MTJ "IS" back !

(b) --I not only posted at 2 rail forum here at times (Bob Turner knows me long and well from our O Scale News days ) but I was a prolific poster since 2004 at the Subway Forum. Bill set that Subway section up in 2005 at my request. Much of what I and others posted on these various forums was removed (to save storage space) some years ago -- thus now gone,.

I guess your didn't read my in-depth explanation reply over at the Subways Forum - to Scale Craft / Dave -- who seems to be the sole kingpin in continuing his diatribe on this issue. Check my profile for how long I have been a member with MTJ (since it's first year 2004) and how many posts I made thru the years

As far as my knowing exactly who LEE is -- I did not and I do not know him personally - and was not sure of his actual connection to Bill in the family line -- so I wrote "Nephew" to be safe. It's, heh, closer than a son in law as far as a blood relation !

regards - Joe F

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:19 pm

bob turner wrote:That is sad - Rich Melvin says "Good Riddance." While I think Arnold may be not worth dealing with, Rich and I have several things in common - love of steam locomotives, qualifications in turbine aircraft, and I bet a few other similarities in outlook. I am disappointed that he would wish us ill.

Gunrunner John was run out of here? Are we sure he didn't run head-long into the extremists in the club lounge? We may mess with each other a bit here on the 2-rail side, but aside from a minor dust up with Sarge, which I never understood, we seem to get along? If a pinko liberal like me feels comfortable here, how sensitive must you be to think this is a closed clique?

If you think about it, neither side is going to win "Miss Congeniality". It's been pretty much standard operating procedure to take pot shots back and forth (can you say "NK" and the sometimes heavy handed monitoring over there, versus the free wheeling anything goes environment over here). Add to that a lot of OLD baggage (how long ago did the Gunrunner John thing happen)? There are many issues where some people involved only know PART of the story (for example there are only 3 people who know exactly what happened regarding this latest outage of MTJ and how it was fixed) but everyone is ready hammer everyone else.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”