Shout out to Chris Smith

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7

Shout out to Chris Smith

Postby E7 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:41 pm

Just wondering how the reassembly of N&W "Fueling Satisfaction" was going in the Sunshine state?

bob turner

Re: Shout out to Chris Smith

Postby bob turner » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:35 am

And you think Chris can get on board here?

We need a better way to enroll folks in MTJ, before this forum croaks.

up148

Postby up148 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:06 am

I thought Chris was already a member, but could be wrong. Maybe I heard about his move on OGR, but thought it was here.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:54 am

Chris has been a member here for ages and posts here on occasion.

Chris Rock

Postby Chris Rock » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:52 pm

Hi Rich,

Sorry, it has been a while since I've checked in anywhere. I can give a brief run-down.

I bought a cargo van in April.

I needed to build 2 4'x8' floor to ceiling racks to temporarily hold stuff in the new train building.

I packed up all of the trains and transported them and put them in our front living room.

I lifted out all of the scenery in sections, transported it and put it on the racks in the train room.

I took everything out from under the layout, transported it and put it all in our front living room.

I labeled every wire and switch on the layout, photographed the connections, removed the wire, transported it and put it all in our front living room.

I labeled every piece of wood on the railroad, color coded for each section, numbered and photographed and that is where I stand now.

I was supposed to have three weeks of free time to take the wood structure of the railroad apart and to transport it but my Dad had some complications with a medical procedure and wound up in the ICU in pretty bad shape starting last Friday on the 11th. Trains are on the back burner until that gets better.

There was a point in the process where it seemed daunting but after labeling the wood structure I realized this really should go back together like a well labeled kit. I can't believe how much space all of the train stuff takes when it is out of its organized state.

Thanks for the interest.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:55 am

Chris, Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he is feeling better soon!

Thanks for the update on the layout! Please keep us posted!

Rich

up148

Postby up148 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:04 am

Wow Chris, I'm tired just hearing what you've been doing. Sorry to hear about you dad and hope all concludes on a positive note. Life has a way of throwing curves. Good luck and hope to hear more about the new layout.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”