This truly is a NICE EB find

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Re: This truly is a NICE EB find

Postby bob turner » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:43 pm

Remember, this is my only model train forum. I am slowly getting desperate for O Scale content.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:59 am

bob turner wrote:Remember, this is my only model train forum. I am slowly getting desperate for O Scale content.

Perhaps you should visit The Modelers Thread over on the 3 rail section where there are people actually building models.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:57 am

Well, you are correct. Folks who used to participate here are still in evidence there. Why is that all in 3-rail?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:58 pm

bob turner wrote:Well, you are correct. Folks who used to participate here are still in evidence there. Why is that all in 3-rail?

There's interest there.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:15 pm

Another 16 minutes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-New-Yo ... ect=mobile

Lobaugh Pacific, scratch tender with Lobaugh trucks, reasonable price. Just popped up, and closing in minutes. I have way too many, or I would get it.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:37 pm

Mark just started a thread about moving eBay and OGR comments to rants and raves. I find these comments interesting, but will never again go to that area of this forum. I hope folks remain free to comment here about 2-rail stuff, and quite agree that ugly political discussions probably ought to stay elsewhere.

I have long advocated the notion of free speech on any topic - but I have also on many occasions advanced the idea that one can choose what not to listen to, or in the case of the internet, what not to open.

On politics and conspiracy theories, I do choose to "open" or read ideas I consider not exactly my "cup of tea" - just today I am re-reading Justice Thomas' concurrence in "Dobbs" and I read George Will and Jonah Goldberg each chance I get. But I know what not to "open."

Why am I tacking this here instead of Mark's thread? I have made myself a promise not to see my name as the last post on more than two out of the last ten topics. I want to appear to be less than one quarter of the total contributors here.

Place my vote for discussing eBay, OGR, and MMW here. Otherwise, my on-line reading will be aviation, Emptywheel, and Bulwark. I needs trains on occasion.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:22 pm

By the way, Brian answered, then deleted his answer, to this post. Brian has always been generous with his time and suggestions, as well as with "stuff." One time a while ago he sent me five beautiful wood stock cars. Free! Without obligation! His constructive contributions are missed.

One thing he hinted at is how tired he gets seeing my Challengers/K4s, etc. I can understand that - but this is currently my only outlet for model train-related subjects. I have this Shutterfly account, and by golly, I shall use it - it is free! Sort of. And really easy to use!

If you tire of seeing my photos, my sincere advice is - when a thread says "Lobaugh" in the title, and my name appears, please just go on to the next thread.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:50 pm

Sorry, Bob, but I do enjoy seeing your Challengers/whatever, some more than others but all get looked at and appreciated.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”