We're back

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7

Re: We're back

Postby E7 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:23 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:As Pete noted, if they are on your web site then they are hosted - that's all that's necessary - photos just need a host. Just need their address on the net and then they can be posted here.

Used to be, you got so much personal storage from your ISP.

steamaheadstephen59

Postby steamaheadstephen59 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:11 pm

Thanks Pete for your kind words . The transgression It seems was this," cTr...Choose the Right", a child's moto, and my sign of, and call to integrity, and all wholesome choices, but it has been deemed political. This was cleared up along time ago on the forum, so I thought. I volunteered not to use it, if the environment was that sensitive at present. There seems to be no right of reply, at least to date any way. The pics yes ! I just can't seem to capture the address, sorry Im not up on the abbreviations.PM? etc.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:33 pm

Oh, man, that is truly "off the wall!"

First, I would assume that most there have political sympathies that could be described as "leaning right."

I always assumed it was an Australian railroad slogan, and never gave it much thought.

And if they are purging political statements, how has "trump train" survived?

In any case, I am a flaming liberal, and am not offended if my friends insist I should move rightward. One of my good buddies aligns with Clarence Thomas, who holds that states should be able to have a state-supported religion. I like him as a person.

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:17 am

Bob, if i use the quote button. That will repost your photo. Hosting it in a yellow frame saying “quote Bob Turner” that is giving you credit.
OGR is annoying when 18 people feel the need to repost a photo and state “ nice locomotive” all that nonsense makes a thread 3 pages long with very little content.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:52 am

steamaheadstephen59 wrote:https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPlJ7517kOs1rxJt7ln9VM9-vgnf4osjdOa9gyA

Came up as a Google Drive access on my Kindle but with a password required.

On my computer I get:

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

steamaheadstephen59

Postby steamaheadstephen59 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:07 am

Yes I did use google for the pic, maybe that just dosent work, I did try Bobs photo hosting sit of choice, but struggled with that too.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:15 am

steamaheadstephen59 wrote:Yes I did use google for the pic, maybe that just dosent work, I did try Bobs photo hosting sit of choice, but struggled with that too.

It might if the url was valid.

Send me the photo; PM it to me.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:35 am

bob turner wrote:And if they are purging political statements, how has "trump train" survived?

If you look at the guys avatar, it is a pic of him holding a TRUMPET. :mrgreen:

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:47 am

steamaheadstephen59 wrote: Im not up on the abbreviations.PM? etc.

PM on this board stands for "Private Message", which is pretty much exactly what it means. You can send anyone on this board a "private" message which will only be visible to the sender and recipient.

It is a bit of a cumbersome system, but it works very well.

webenda

Postby webenda » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:34 am

steamaheadstephen59 wrote:Yes I did use google for the pic, maybe that just dosent work, I did try Bobs photo hosting sit of choice, but struggled with that too.

It can work, Stephen.
Here is a photo of mine on Google Photos:
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

webenda

Postby webenda » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:37 am

To copy the photo to MTJ, I followed these instructions from Ahsat:
– Find photo on Google photo
– Bring up image full screen
– Right click (or similar on tablet) on photo and click open image in new tab. This is important as it gives a longer URL for some reason.
– Copy full URL from this new tab
– Use the ‘IMG’ button at the top of the STW text box and copy in URL

Credit for instructions:> https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topi ... le-photos/

Result:
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:55 am

That should work!

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:27 am

Once you get the hang of it, it is easy.
You can also post a photo on another forum, then pluck the address and stick it in "Img".

To Robert - I can restrict the use of my personal photos any way I like. The reason I was kicked off is that I restricted my photos from being repeated in the same thread, attribution or no. The secondary reason was their 75 patent attorneys told them my photos were not copyright.

webenda

Postby webenda » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:28 am

Regarding the Ahsat method...
Ahsat noted, "So this is how I finally worked it out (see below this only seems to work using Chrome)."
I tried Ashat's method using Microsoft Edge Web Browser and it worked.
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”