We're back

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: We're back

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:25 pm

Got to put the photo address in between the Img code
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

steamaheadstephen59

Postby steamaheadstephen59 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:33 pm

Image Okay this is a google image, so left click, right click, copy address. try to place between img's. It goes to the right. So delete img on the right and place at the end of that great long address, again Vala

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:36 pm

French spelling "Voila" - OGR spelling wala.

When you press the Img button, do not press or type anything - just paste. It will automatically go in between the code. But typing the code does work.

steamaheadstephen59

Postby steamaheadstephen59 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:06 am

Image I think I did it, right in the middle of the img's

webenda

Postby webenda » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:54 am

steamaheadstephen59 wrote:I think I did it, right in the middle of the img's

Excellent Stephen, you did it.

There is only one thing... you have to be logged in to <photos.google.com> for anyone to see your image here on MTJ. If you look back at my Google Photos images in this thread, you will not see them because I am not logged in over at Google Photos.

Most of us have a site for hosting our images that is steady (images stay showing on MTJ 24/7.) Rufus already mentioned one:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:And this is why I have my photos on SmugMug............. :wink: :wink:

SmugMug acquired another photo hosting site, Flicker. I have a Pro account with Flicker.

SmugMug/Flickr Price Plans

Flickr Free Plan
$0.00 or $0.00/year
Limited to 1000 photos

Flickr Pro Plan
6.99/MO or $60.00/year
SmugMug Power Plan

$13/MO or $110/year
Unlimited, full-resolution storage

SmugMug Portfolio Plan
$28/MO or $225/year
Everything in Power plus: More

SmugMug Pro Plan
$42/MO or $360/year
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:49 am

I think I just found out that non-members cannot even read our posts, let alone see the photos.

And it is near impossible to join. Good way to kill a forum?

Shutterfly seems to host my photos without limit and with no charge.

webenda

Postby webenda » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:23 pm

bob turner wrote:I think I just found out that non-members cannot even read our posts, let alone see the photos.

And it is near impossible to join. Good way to kill a forum?

Shutterfly seems to host my photos without limit and with no charge.

I just had my wife open modeltrainjournal.com on her computer. She is not a member of MTJ.
She was able to see our posts and any photos hosted on an image hosting site, like my SmugMug image on page 5.

My SmugMug image might disappear soon because I am not paying SmugMug to host it. I opened a 14 day trial period on SmugMug to experience how it worked. It was super easy to join, export a picture from my computer to SmugMug, then post that SmugMug picture on MTJ. I now have 4 days left on my trial time.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:02 pm

bob turner wrote:I think I just found out that non-members cannot even read our posts, let alone see the photos.

Obviously I haven't verified it, but at the bottom of each page there is a message giving the number of members on the site and the number of GUESTS, which most of the time far outweighs the number of members.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:44 pm

I just fired up a rebuilt computer. New motherboard, new SSD, no log-ins. Went to this site, can read it all. Might be specific devices/os/browsers that won't.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:14 pm

I use imgur. No fees. No hassle.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:56 pm

ScaleCraft wrote:I just fired up a rebuilt computer. New motherboard, new SSD, no log-ins. Went to this site, can read it all. Might be specific devices/os/browsers that won't.

No doubt about that. I think most limitations are caused by software, operating systems.

steamaheadstephen59

Postby steamaheadstephen59 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:48 am

Well I have been a non member observer here, and use OS ( Mac ) and I have enjoyed the posts and pictures for years. Im pleased to be a member now, thanks to Bobs help.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:34 pm

You may have experienced a momentary lapse of thinking as this is simply not true. I can see everything just fine when not logged in or when on my Kindle.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:35 pm

webenda wrote:
SmugMug Portfolio Plan
$28/MO or $225/year
Everything in Power plus: More

SmugMug Pro Plan
$42/MO or $360/year

I have no idea where you got those numbers, but my SmugMug account is less than $5/month.
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:36 pm

E7 wrote:
ScaleCraft wrote:I just fired up a rebuilt computer. New motherboard, new SSD, no log-ins. Went to this site, can read it all. Might be specific devices/os/browsers that won't.

No doubt about that. I think most limitations are caused by software, operating systems.

Most problems are PIVKAM in origin.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”