Figures & Painting them! Deja Vu all over again!

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
E7

Figures & Painting them! Deja Vu all over again!

Postby E7 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:25 pm

Re-stumbled across this on OGR:

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/fig ... ick?page=2

The topic mentions figures that are "scanned" from REAL people:

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/body-scan/

Some interesting tips and 3D body scanning! I remember seeing the 3D scanning thing before, but could not recall where. Getting closer to that Star Trek replicator! :lol:

Rich

healey36

Re: Figures & Painting them! Deja Vu all over again!

Postby healey36 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:55 am

Thanks for the link, Rich. I think the key to painting decent figures is a simple paint job followed by a wash or dip tinting process, and a couple of the posters over there allude to that. Having painted a few thousand over the last forty years, I long ago came to the realization that painting in detail is unnecessary (unless you're planning some extreme close-up photography, and even then you can usually pull it off). The key is finding figures with good detail, either molded, cast, or printed. Sometimes that can be a challenge.

Paul

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:50 am

Thanks Rich, great find and post. I never knew anything like this existed......it's just incredible. And, the body scan figures of real people is a mind blower. You could put your kids and grand kids on the layout and just amaze them. I wonder if there is anything like that in this country yet?

E7

Postby E7 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:01 am

Butch, I had read about the process before, but couldn't remember where (probably OGR). No idea about when it might get here, but I'm betting it would be very popular! Put an effigy of yourself in the cab of one of your engines! Sounds like a no miss to me!

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”