Discussion
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:13 pm
I dunno. I love discussions to figure out what something is, who made it, even down to evilbait stupidity.
The last one, on the "plated, prototype GMC NW2" is really fascinating.
I suppose I am either boring the poo outta all youse folks or somebody is waiting to tell me "it's worth what it sold for".
Am I the only one here who can look at the photos and derive facts?
I don't think so.
Maybe it's Friday.
Some of that stuff is flat amazing. I mean, somebody, somewhere, sometime, had a vision and BUILT it.
At least we can be honest here. Can you imagine the hollering if somebody told that guy on OGeR what they really thought about that Lionel Hudson?
There's another one of those "it's worth what it sold for" moments.
I mean, spend two grand, it's BENT, I think you can find repro frames and fix that part..but then it isn't original...and with the boiler/cab set like that, I don't think those are available repro.
So you spend time and money finding parts...making it work...it's now worth LESS than when you bought it, because it has less original parts.
What can you sell it for? IF you're honest?
Somebody shoulda seen the red flags when it sold for less than half a good one goes for.
DISCUSSION. Fun stuff, indeed!
The last one, on the "plated, prototype GMC NW2" is really fascinating.
I suppose I am either boring the poo outta all youse folks or somebody is waiting to tell me "it's worth what it sold for".
Am I the only one here who can look at the photos and derive facts?
I don't think so.
Maybe it's Friday.
Some of that stuff is flat amazing. I mean, somebody, somewhere, sometime, had a vision and BUILT it.
At least we can be honest here. Can you imagine the hollering if somebody told that guy on OGeR what they really thought about that Lionel Hudson?
There's another one of those "it's worth what it sold for" moments.
I mean, spend two grand, it's BENT, I think you can find repro frames and fix that part..but then it isn't original...and with the boiler/cab set like that, I don't think those are available repro.
So you spend time and money finding parts...making it work...it's now worth LESS than when you bought it, because it has less original parts.
What can you sell it for? IF you're honest?
Somebody shoulda seen the red flags when it sold for less than half a good one goes for.
DISCUSSION. Fun stuff, indeed!