Page 1 of 1

UP 951 question

Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:24 pm
by ScaleCraft
I am reasonably certain this is fairly recent, due to no nose grabs, done when the UP eliminated nose door.
Lack of mud on the running gear makes me think it didn't roll over, rather a side swipe or some such.
I find NOTHING on-line.

https://lecmpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ident4.jpg

Or is that just poor bodywork/paint combined with lighting?

I mean, that cab door looks like someone took a mallet to the inside. Yet the side grabs at the door and windscreen down are not bent.

Re: UP 951 question

Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:49 pm
by E7
Dave, I blew up the image to 240%, and there are a lot of dents on that engine! I tend to agree with the side swipe theory.

Rich

Re: UP 951 question

Posted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:07 am
by up148
Totally agree with You and Rich. Somewhere I have a photo of that loco at almost the exact viewing point and it looks nothing like that. And it is after the UP rebuilt it for modern service.