Page 1 of 5
All Nation NW-2
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:17 pm
by bob turner
I am sure I have posted mine here before.
There is some discussion about how to disguise the seams that result from the cab end pieces. All of mine, including those cast in brass, are simply screwed together with epoxy on the mating surfaces, then primed and wet-sanded. The oldest are over a half-century old, and you cannot see the seams.
Photos to come. Surely these are among the true classics of O Scale.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:54 pm
by ScaleCraft
"some discussion"?
Must be on the site that shall not be mentioned?
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:07 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:23 pm
by bob turner
gosh, this is a tough crowd. I don't think I need a link for such a trivial comment about such a well-known product. How many O Scale forums are there, anyway? All I am doing is trying to get some interest drawn away from what appears to be an inane discussion (admittedly helped by my posts, which I am starting to regret).
And sure - why not open it up to any switch-type locomotives? That has to be good for at least two photos of models not in my collection.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:31 pm
by bob turner
Primer - one is brass, the other die-cast. Sort of typical of my collection, which includes three of each, I think.

Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:33 pm
by bob turner
And includes one cow/calf set, and one SW-1.

Maybe no handrails, but you can see the cab roofs are smooth.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:40 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:50 pm
by sarge
bob turner wrote:All I am doing is trying to get some interest drawn away from what appears to be an inane discussion (admittedly helped by my posts, which I am starting to regret).
He whines when we don't post, then he bitches when we discuss anything but doorstops. Watdahell is this, Turner's Private Forum?
bob turner wrote:gosh, this is a tough crowd.
You betcha!
Sure, I'll play:

Handrails on mine, but admittedly not so much care on the roof seam. Good enough for trash & crash ops. (Grin!)
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:16 pm
by ScaleCraft
IAT (in addition to) my three rail NP's, my 2-rail NP NW and NP 600hp, maybe another, plus one out of Tennessee, ET&S, builder to my old buddy, buddy to me, with caboose.



Turner Memorial Photograph.......did with one wheel not quite "on".

If I recall, still speedo cable driveshafts.
Not all, but a sampling thereof.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:13 pm
by sarge
Odd behaviour from the server at the moment. More when it un-nutz...
The site is forbidding the code linking my photos at the moment, a Forbidden 402 message.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:15 pm
by sarge
Bob, I'll trade you some AN sideframes (might even be in brass/bronze) for the Alco Blunts on your lead primered unit.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:20 pm
by sarge

And we're back. CLW drive in this one and the L&N. Smooth reliable tanks that actually finish quite respectably. Both a recent rebuilds and paintwork; Covid builds.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:23 pm
by sarge

This was someone else's work originally. I fixed up a bunch of age spots, handrails, good quiet late AN drive underneath.
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:47 pm
by sleepmac
"Turner Memorial Photograph.......did with one wheel not quite "on"."
Dan Weinhold
Re: All Nation NW-2
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:14 pm
by ScaleCraft
Thought you'd like that, Dan!
Had to work at it.