Loco Lift
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:43 pm
Bob noticed that I have not kept up with the doorstop thread. As it is, I have been derailed for the week with a trip to Denver with brother Pete. It was mostly family business, but we did get a couple of hours at the Colorado Rail Museum in Golden. We timed it well, in that we got to see a locomotive unloaded:






This came from the Durango and Silverton and was purchased by CRM to pull their tourist train around their small loop. We were told it originally came from somewhere in Alaska. Those weird trucks make one think it was built for a mining operation or something similar.
I will be back soon with the doorstops.
Jim






This came from the Durango and Silverton and was purchased by CRM to pull their tourist train around their small loop. We were told it originally came from somewhere in Alaska. Those weird trucks make one think it was built for a mining operation or something similar.
I will be back soon with the doorstops.
Jim
