Page 1 of 1

An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:09 pm
by J. S. Bach
...the skills and tools to complete it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125265585860

Re: An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:31 pm
by ScaleCraft
carmefinle4
Corvallis Oregon.
Yet says "Bob Turner"

I know for a fact he ain't in Corvallis.

So Bob provided a kit to a guy in Oregon?

Re: An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:44 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
.

Re: An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:25 pm
by ScaleCraft
and the seller is in Corvallis

Re: An interesting Vandy tender, I wish that I had ...

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:33 pm
by bob turner
I remember that. I think it was a quarter century ago, and the deal was I would supply the kit and the builder would either build it and let me know the kit deficiencies or send me $75 - his choice.

I set up a steel jig for cutting and drilling - I really don't remember if I tapped the holes.

At $75 each I would have gone broke quickly.