KEY Diesel Identification
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:19 am
Okay, this falls under the "I've forgotten what I once thought I knew" category. I'm trying to identify and learn more about the time sequence of the imports by Key Models of their Samhongsa built E's and F's. Although I've owned several sets over the years, I guess I didn't pay as much attention as I should have and made assumptions.
Going by the box labels, it appears there was a "classic 78" and "custom 78" run, which I always thought the "78" was the year of import.....but I don't think that anymore. There's also a "classic" and "custom" 85 run, same story on import dates, again I don't think is correct anymore. I've never seen any other Samhongsa labels, although there might be more.
Does anyone remember the time periods these Samhongsa built models were imported and/or rumors they heard or discussions they had about labels and import dates?
I know Key went to FM Models for their builds either right before or after the Samhongsa factory burned down and IIRC, Samhongsa got tied up in the Lionel/MTH lawsuit around 2000.
I know this isn't a subject all are interested in, but I appreciate any little scraps of info we can piece together. Just kinda obsessed with this.
I appreciate your thoughts.
Going by the box labels, it appears there was a "classic 78" and "custom 78" run, which I always thought the "78" was the year of import.....but I don't think that anymore. There's also a "classic" and "custom" 85 run, same story on import dates, again I don't think is correct anymore. I've never seen any other Samhongsa labels, although there might be more.
Does anyone remember the time periods these Samhongsa built models were imported and/or rumors they heard or discussions they had about labels and import dates?
I know Key went to FM Models for their builds either right before or after the Samhongsa factory burned down and IIRC, Samhongsa got tied up in the Lionel/MTH lawsuit around 2000.
I know this isn't a subject all are interested in, but I appreciate any little scraps of info we can piece together. Just kinda obsessed with this.
I appreciate your thoughts.