Page 1 of 1

what to do with a shipping-damaged boxcab?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:48 pm
by ScaleCraft

Re: what to do with a shipping-damaged boxcab?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:13 pm
by J. S. Bach
Neat. It looks like the front of a doodlebug.

Re: what to do with a shipping-damaged boxcab?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:14 pm
by E7
Did you remember to scold the postman??? :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: what to do with a shipping-damaged boxcab?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:53 pm
by Rufus T. Firefly
.

Re: what to do with a shipping-damaged boxcab?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:21 pm
by ScaleCraft
I don't have one. Yet.
I've been modelling NP for decades, and I never, ever saw that shop goat. First time.

If I find another doodlebug, I can do this. First one actually became an NP Doodlebug, still in service.

Odd is the diameter of the handrails on the far end.

Re: what to do with a shipping-damaged boxcab?

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:24 pm
by R.K. Maroon
Those handrails are prototype -- they're from a Lionel switcher

Re: what to do with a shipping-damaged boxcab?

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:36 am
by ScaleCraft
R.K. Maroon wrote:Those handrails are prototype -- they're from a Lionel switcher

That's what I'm saying. Or some spurious brass rod laying on the back of the workbench.
Black and white here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Northern-Pacif ... 749?_ul=IL