Hiawatha

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Hiawatha

Postby bob turner » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:29 am

I am debating on paint schemes for my new duplex Pullman (thanks Pete). I was leaning toward L&N, but did one side in Milwaukee orange, with the thought of putting the big maroon stripe across the lower windows.
All of a sudden I think I am going to opt for the older scheme - light roof, orange car, narrow maroon band at the roof drip rail.
Sure - photo soon.

bob turner

Re: Hiawatha

Postby bob turner » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:16 pm

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:02 pm

I look forward to seeing the re-paint as I am not familiar with that color scheme.

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:39 pm

That would look nice Bob, certainly no shortage of smooth sided extruded cars to add to it either.
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:59 pm

I was searching for photos to show you the mostly orange paint scheme - unfortunately all are copyright, but you can find lots of examples in a Bing search for Milwaukee Road Passenger Cars.

Strangely enough, I found a photo of a duplex car in Milwaukee colors. Pete can tell you how restricted this particular car was (Great Northern and B&O only, as I recall) but maybe a railfan captured one from Canada and repainted it Hiawatha. It is in the big maroon stripe motif. I am thinking small stripe, and will only modify that if a Skytop suddenly appears in my collection. I thought briefly about the $600 GGD offering - but that is a lot of bucks for a car.

ScaleCraft

Postby ScaleCraft » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:28 pm

bob turner wrote:I was searching for photos to show you the mostly orange paint scheme - unfortunately all are copyright.

No problem. Either copy the link and post here or right click on specific photo, save photo location, and paste here.

There is no restriction for pointing someone to a link and they look for themselves.
Dave....collector, restorer, and operator of the finest doorstops

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:23 am

True. If only I could find the right-click device.
For some reason, my "highlight, copy, and paste" ability has succumbed to the folks who write improved code for iPads.

Edit: Big computer with cut and paste functions - however, no longer able to find the usual group of photos, so here is one of Carey's videos. The train goes so fast you cannot see its finest features, but you can see the color scheme:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Hi ... M%3DVDVVXX

Chris Webster

Postby Chris Webster » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:05 pm

FWIW, TrainZ is selling some very nicely built (but abused) Walthers Hiawatha cars. Here's one:
O-Scale 2-Rail Milwaukee Road Lounge Car #173 (2-Rail) VG
There are 10 of these built Walthers cars listed on the TrainZ website. Unfortunately, all of them have suffered from rough handling - some have bent railings and diaphrams, others are missing detail pieces that were snapped off, some have scratches in their paint, etc.

It's interesting to me how they still look pretty good despite the abuse.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:34 pm

At typical trainz inflated prices, too.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”