Shippo

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Shippo

Postby bob turner » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:42 pm

I discovered Shippo last spring when I was shipping heavy cast PAs around the country. Saved big bucks, and made UPS drop-off trivial.

So yesterday I tried to log in to what I thought was Shippo, and got a different shipper with an extremely complex procedure - I finally got all the way to the end ( a frustrating hour!), they had my $, and I had no shipping label. They were very nice, and are theoretically refunding my $ and allowing me to terminate my account without charge - but wow!

Had the same thing happen when I went to renew my drivers license - googled DMV; hit the first button, and my first clue that I had selected the wrong site was when they tried to charge me to send my private, personal information to the real DMV.

Lesson of the day - even when going to a familiar site, read the link carefully before selecting, and you will save hours of grief.

I think I am in love with Shippo - once I got there, it took 15 minutes to generate three labels. Pete will be delighted, because I discovered two kits in the box. Bob Stevenson may or may not be delighted, and Rob A. will have a new Mikado. Off to UPS and the airport! Yippee!

E7

Re: Shippo

Postby E7 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:06 pm

Can you say: Bookmark it

real government agencies should end in .gov
aka dot gov

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:58 pm

Pennsylvania's DMV. uses a private company . When you go online to renew anything auto related. You click on what you want. It then says " We are taking you to a private website to finish your transaction" I'm 95 percent positive that you can only renew your car registration online in pa.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:23 pm

robert. wrote:Pennsylvania's DMV. uses a private company .

Yes you can use any of several private BROKERAGES and pay MORE, but the site that you want is:

http://WWW.DMV.STATE.PA.US

That will get you to the PennDOT Online Services Center and you will not pay brokerage fees. Use the above link and click on driver services!

That information was taken directly from the paper mail in renewal form.

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:38 am

Microsoft informed me that unusual activity is happening in the UK on one of my e-mail accounts. I think it was connected to my attempt to use Shippo.
The outfit I erroneously selected is "Ship Station." Strange . . .

up148

Postby up148 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Seems to be a uptick in fraud on all levels lately. At the end of this month Google is going to require verification on log-ins. When you log-in on your PC they will send a confirmation number to your phone and you have to enter that when you log on with your PC.

I recently had an OK public employee try to commit insurance fraud on me. Because we recently moved back to OK from KCMO, we had to go to the OK DPS (Department of Public Safety) to get our new drivers license. I guess this is because of Covid and a lot of people trying to get their "Real ID". They are so backlogged it was a 6 months wait for out appointment.

Anyway, we parked and went in and took care of it. Two days later I get an email notification from my insurance company telling me they've opened a claim made against me from someone who said I hit their parked car in the DPS parking lot and damaged it. It was a lady who said she approached me after it happened, but I just walked away. She took a picture of her car parked against mine (that p*ssed me off) and then another showing her bent bumper and other damage. I was told she had a police report for this accident too. I was livid.

I called in and spoke with the claim department person and asked him to ask the claimant and ask what I looked like and what I was wearing that day she approached me. She was totally wrong on the clothes and didn't remember my physical appearance. I think this might have raised some read flags with the investigator, as I hoped. Also, we have an SUV with a plastic grill and no bumpers, so there is no way we could bend a bumper on another car without showing damage to our car.

Turns out the b*tch works in the police communication department, at the same DPS location and they use the same DPS parking lot. So, she got a cop friend to falsify a police report to substantiate her claim. Wow! Obviously, she damaged her car somewhere and was looking for someone else to pay for the damage.

Anyway, a few days after I raised all kinds of questions with two different insurance claim department investigators, we received an email that the claim had been denied and for us to let them know if we heard from the women again.

It certainly makes you feel helpless and certainly woke us up as to how you can get screwed by unscrupulous people. :shock:

Working for the police, she had access to our records and didn't even need to ask us for our insurance company information.

robert.

Postby robert. » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:56 pm

My wife had a similar situation in Walmart's parking lot. A couple pulled their smashed car up under my wife's truck bumper. Then call the police on her. They said " she illegally backed into her parking spot and hit them. Then ran away into walmart." When the police showed up. They found my wife in the store. My wife said " no it never happened. I pulled through the spot and parked where my truck is now" After a few words with both parties. the officer went into walmart for half an hour. He must have watched their parking lot cameras When he returned. He had asked the guy "if he still wanted to file an accident report." The man said "yes" My wife was mad and had called me by now. Saying "she is getting railroaded over a fake accident". As the guy filled out his accident report the cop pulled my wife aside. He told my wife "he was going to charge the man with a false report and that she was free to go"

De Bruin

Postby De Bruin » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Oh damn, that's so good! :lol:
Litigation Crisis Consultant- remediating legal-media issues; mitigating federal, state and local investigations, court orders etc. Your serial felony history, contractual defaults, bankruptcies no big deal.
contact morbo@getoffthehook.com

E7

Postby E7 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Robert, I hope it was a VERY large fine. They should take the A-holes license away. VERY glad your wife was NOT ticketed!

Rich

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:56 am

I like endings like that. :D

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:03 pm

The officer had told my wife "not to worry" from the get go. In the end he told here what tipped in off was "There was no evidence of broken glass "

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”