Passenger Cars 2021

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

Re: Passenger Cars 2021

Postby bob turner » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:13 pm

Very nice. I agree; the K-Lines were truly an advance for streamline O Scale. But note that the Lionel trucks are way more prototypical.

Of course, all of mine are 2-Rail, with either sand cast brass or Wasatch trucks. I have six UP, four each of GN and B&O, a pair of PRR coaches, and a pair of CNW bi-level. As a Navy recruit I rode those CNW cars, so could not resist.

The rest of my aluminum cars are Kasiner, MAC Shops, and Speer. GGD came in after I stocked up, so I missed out on the better detail and higher price.

Jury is out on the window casings. The real thing usually had them showing, but Lionel may have slightly over done it. I can live without, I think.

up148

Re: Passenger Cars 2021

Postby up148 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:46 am

I had a set of those back in the early 2000's and you're correct, they are nice models. I don't remember the skirts, but I'm sure all K-lines came that way. Interestingly I sold the entire set with 2R trucks to C.O. Gibson, who responded to an add I placed OSN.

The silver trucks were something the UP went to in the early to mid 50's on diesels and passenger trucks so any cracks would show up better. The silver window trim has always been on the UP Streamliner cars to my knowledge.

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”