Page 1 of 1

Roundhouse/MDC couplers

Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:39 pm
by ScaleCraft
Have: 15 of them, cleaned up and checked over. One spare for parts. Two boxes.

Anybody need them for restoration and/or operation?
Cost of postage.

Re: Roundhouse/MDC couplers

Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 5:10 pm
by ScaleCraft
Make that 30 and 3 for parts.

Re: Roundhouse/MDC couplers

Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:20 pm
by bob turner
I don't want them, but Max Schwanda had an operating PRR layout that really did operate, complicated switching moves and all. He swore the MDC were best. Monsrchs look great, but I never trusted them to stay closed.
Most prototypical - Scale Craft and Protocraft.
Least prototypical - CLW, followed by Kadee.
Opinion.
Yes, Tenite wheels belong in the trash.

Re: Roundhouse/MDC couplers

Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:50 pm
by ScaleCraft
I have some in Half 0...mix of DeVore and MDC...difference in drop pin construction, otherwise identical.

I just hate to pitch them if somebody wants them.

Agree on Scale Models / ScaleCraft. When I find them, I dig out a SC car with dummies and convert.

Re: Roundhouse/MDC couplers

Posted: Sat May 29, 2021 3:33 pm
by CMorrill
I use the MDC coupler along with a few Protocraft. I have what I need, but if you don't hear from someone else, I will gladly take them. Mail zip code 79505.

Charlie Morrill