B&O Steam?

Discuss All Facets of 2-Rail, 1/48 Scale, Model Railroading
bob turner

B&O Steam?

Postby bob turner » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:06 pm

Or just an excuse to inject some life -

My Dockside - as of July last year. Haven't touched it lately. I suppose I could add my new ten-wheeler. It could easily be B&O as well, since it is quite "different."

Or really an excuse to make sure I remember how to transfer from Shutterfly.

bob turner

Re: B&O Steam?

Postby bob turner » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:12 pm

Here is the Ten-wheeler. It started when a friend sent me a rather improbable live steamer - I cut it up, and saved the cylinders and backhead. Since these photos were taken, the backhead is now blended into the firebox with brass and solder.

Turns out that the wheelbase is almost exactly the same as the Harriman ten-wheeler, for which I have masters for side rods on file at Stevenson. I suppose I should order some -

Carey Williams

Postby Carey Williams » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:16 am

Hello all
B & O steam was Ken Henry's bread and butter. Beginning in the mid 1930's Ken offered kits or RTR models of the B& O President Washington Pacific. Ken was hired by the B& O RR to build locomotives for thier new O scale layout in 1935.....many , most , all are still,running today .. in Cincinnati on the restored ( once) portable,layout .
Center drivers have suspension , double gear reduction akin to Paul Egolf & early Icken's .

Please see link for action packed video of the Prez Washington pulling a string of streamlined Walthers cars .

Cheers Carey
https://youtu.be/KjZG5udn6FA

sleepmac

Postby sleepmac » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:22 am

Bob, great work as usual. Carey, you have impressed me time and time again with your collection, and history from bygone days.

Dan Weinhold

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:12 am

That looks an order of magnitude better than the Ken Henry models in the B&O museum in Baltimore.

So Carey, I tried a search for all your you tube videos (just in case I missed one) and all I get is a baseball player, even if I restrict it to O Scale or trains. Any key words that will get me your collection in a Google search?

big bad jim

Postby big bad jim » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 am

Bob, it would be far simpler to just click on that youtube link in Carey's post above, then click on his name underneath the video, then click on the "videos" tab on his page. Bookmark his page. You'll notice that his page is listed as "Leonard Williams" rather than "Carey Williams" which may be why your searches come up with nada.

All that is of course presuming that things work the same on your tablet as they do on a traditional computer.

Jim

bob turner

Postby bob turner » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Thanks Jim. I did something like that, resembling autoplay. I will try the bookmark trick.
The baseball player is Leonard Williams.

Carey Williams

Postby Carey Williams » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:18 pm

Hello all ...and Bob ..yes full name Leonard Carey Williams....and I do not play baseball ... just click on my name "Leonard Williams" and it will take you to all my videos for hours of nail biting excitement.

or see link

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFz4Ai ... shelf_id=0

be warned contains trains other than 2 rail O scale for the weak of heart .

The Ken Henry runs like a top ... smooth operator ... only issue it had never been run on a tight radius layout ..mine is 48" radius ... so had to do just a few stokes with the file to the back inside of the cylinders so the pilot wheels would clear .

Ken went on to design and build the 2 B&O HO layouts ...unknown if he also built their S gauge layout .

Thank you for your kind words about my collection ...just having fun getting the mummies to dance .

Cheers Carey

Return to “O-Gauge, 2-Rail, Model Railroading”